Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New Problem !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New Problem !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried back up and then restore, which worked in itself, but still gnav10 doesnt acknowledge the new card. i then tried the reinstall software, from destinator, again it did it but gnav10 still spits out the new crad, Card not found! i have to say thanks again for help, guess i have a good problem !!
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open the card up in your pc reader, what is the first folder you see - is it "DestinatorApps" with a folder inside it "Uk and ireland maps". Or is it just the uk and ireland map folder that you see when you first open the card??
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may also want to try and use the error check function that is under properties again. You never know, could be a faulty card (have you tried it in anything else?)
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i look in my card reader, the sd card shows destinatorapps folder, with uk_ireland in it, have run error check with no errror shown, unfortunately i dont have anything other than the gnav10 and card reader to try the card in, im about to throw the card out and forget it!
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woh there. Don't be so hastey. I think I have solved your problem.

I have just been experimenting with by digi camera SD card (already in FAT32) to add new maps to and have found some things out.

Firstly, (you have prob already been doing this) you must use the destinator console software on your PC to install the maps.

Second: You cannot install the maps via the card reader on your pc (even when using the console software) - by doing this your maps will not be recoginised.

Do the following (I have just done this and it does work):

1) Switch on your GNAV to the screen that comes up before you load the map data. The one that has navigate and settings tab on the screen. Then put your new SD card in the GNAV slot.

2) Plug in to PC via USB and let activesync start up.

3) Open detinator console software on your PC.

4) Select Uk map on the left of the screen.

5) Click change on target device and then select storage card.

6) Click install maps tab at the top of the screen

7) It will say your map alraedy exists (if you have not deleted it yourself already) and prompt you to overwrite. Select yes to overwrite map.

8) When this has finished, unplug from your PC and select Navigate on the GNAV to load up the map data.

This should work, I have just done this and successfully loaded up a map on another SD card that was previously formatted to FAT32.

I remeber you said that it would not let you load anything up with the card in the gnav but give this a try if you haven't already.

Let me know how you get on.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive just tried ur advise step by step, and when i try to install maps thru console, i get "storage card not found", its formatted in Fat32 etc, so im at a loss with it. i do appriciate all help offered tho, thanks
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange!!!

You did change the target device didn't you.

I just put another card in their that was already formatted to FAT32 as I used it my digi camera.

Have you not got a digital camera that would take SD card, and test it in there?

What about borrowing a digital camera or someone elses PC to format the card. Maybe something went wrong with the format on your machine.

I just had another thought, it sounds simple but your lock slide isn't on on your card is it. If it was on though I would have expected it would have allowed you to format it.

I will keep thinking on that one.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mike,

Can you just tell me what version your Destinator Op is running on. I had 5.1.135 but since I reinstalled the program from the disc it has gone down to 5.1.127 and seems to run slower on navigating routes and when booting up.

I wonder if I tried to backup to when I had .135 if it would work. Am going to give it a try.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder if I tried to backup to when I had .135 if it would work. Am going to give it a try.

Nope that didn't work. If yours is higher than 5.1.127 could you send me the 2577 folder in your console software. If you can i will PM you my email address.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gnav10 is running 5.1.127, i assume it came with that on it, and thats whats on my software disk, i am seeing a mate next tuesday who has a digi cam i can try the new card in. when i explore the gnav10 thru activesync, i can find the 5477 folder, but cant find it just on my original card or new card. the ppl who supplied my new card are also looking into whether its a dodgy card, and may send out a replacement, they dont know why i can put stuff on thru the card reader tho, if it is dodgy. also the slide lock seems to make no difference, i have tried everyhing with it in both positions to test it.
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops i meant the 2577 folder!
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you mean the 2577 folder? This won't be on your SD card. It is on the on board memory.

I can only think that your problem either is the card itself or the formating on that reader. I would think as it is accepted by the reader to put info on that the problem would be the formatting. I don't think it is your GNAV as the other card is accepted. Try it out in your mates camera (Make sure it is the same format by checking his card. (if his card is blank you may want to try and load your maps onto his card and try that in your GNAV)

Some digital cameras have a format function, if his has then try formatting your card again through the camera as long as it is FAT32 (Mine is).

Hope you get it sorted, let me know how you get on

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have now tried format in a digi cam, and i still get "storage card not found" im at loss, the front sticker of my card- Integral 256mb- has peeled off and underneath its says its Toshiba 256mb?
im wondering if i have been ripped off. still waiting to hear back from the supplier.
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it worked ok in the camera - stored pictures ok?

And you reformatted again in the camera and it still doesn't work in GNAV10.

The only other thing I can think to suggest is to try the card in another GNAV just to confirm that it is the card that is the problem. If you wanted you send it to me and I could try it out and return it.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
mike1954
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have tried the card in gnav10 in a shop, and it worked ok, so i beleive my gnav10 is some how locked from accepting new cards. any idea if i had a newer version than now, if that would overcome it? if so where doo i get a newer version?? thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: