Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sony Ericsson 750i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sony Ericsson 750i
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Sony Ericsson 750i Reply with quote

Has Anyone. . . . Anyone Got these bloody phones to work properly yet? lmao

in waiting

Craig Wink
notorious19
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope tried everything and still no luck its doin me brain in Laughing Out Loud
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes my 700 and se 750i seem happy together, can use the tom tom for calls and sms, its very good. In the begining a few weeks when I got the tom tom I had the same problem as a lot of people, that the call would ring through the tom tom, but when answered there was nothing, no sound. I updated the latest Tom Tom software and all was fine.

I believe that the phones firmware version can also be a problem, but for me the lastest Tom Tom software was enough.

Andy
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah right, well im using the latest tomtom vr and its a brand new phone. i can make and recieve calls (no caller ID though) but no SMS. GPRS is patchy to say the least

Does anyone know how to find out firmware vr on k750i?

Craig
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get sms and can send via the tom tom, but I also have no caller id. The data thing I have not tired, mosty because we do not have traffic jams or many crashes or roadworks in Denmark, so not bothered with that part of it.

Andy
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow SMS is working now!???!!!

C :P
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK for all those having problems with the K750i and their tomotm, you will need to find out what software version you have on the phone, as there are some issues with bluetooth in these phones, running certain software versions. Now for all those who do not know how to get their software version, you need to do the following. Where I put a > it means move the joystick right, and < means to move it left. so >*<<*<* means joystick left star right right star right star, and that will show a menu in the phone showing service info service test and text labels. Only select service info as others can cause problems if you do not know what you are doing. select service info and then you will get a menu with model info, sftware info, and configuration. Select software info, and you will then see the versio you have, the very first line of text is the software version you have like mine says R1N035, if you have anything earlier, you may have problems with bluetooth, but it may be the bluetooth chip in the phone as some have a phillips chipset, which can cause the problems. If you have an older version, or are not sure if it is older, post what version you have and I will let you know if you need to update the phone, which is free and easy to do, direct from SonyEricsson them selves, no need to send the phone away, you can do it yourself.
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a Sony Ericsson S700i, and have a problem where I my GO 500 can't access Traffic through the phone when the GO and the phone are already paired for hands-free operation. According to TomTom's website, this should work. Following your instructions, I've discovered that my software version is R2C002.

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
geraint
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, I should have said that I bought the phone from Vodafone. I mention this because I've been told that Vodafone "fiddle" with the phone's software...

TomTom for iPhone v1.9
App version: 8.300 (777309)
Map: Western Europe v875.3668
monsta45
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i know what you mean, mines on Orange Vr.R1N035, sometimes will get texts fine other times not?! didnt have a problem with my old Nokia 6230i but i will say the k750i is a better phone

C
forky
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have R1L002

do I need update???

regards

Samsung Galaxy S9 (o2) contract
davidbeaty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just updated the software version on my K750i from the Updater on the sony ericsson site, am not at R1AA008.

I'm using a TomTom ONE with K750i on an O2 pay as you go tariff.

I'm trying to use the One Months trial of TT Traffic, the further I've got is setting the whole connection up manually and it dials out but sits for 30-45seconds before saying "Unable to setup your wireless internet connection".

Can anyone else help/advise?

PS firmware on TomTom is 5.420
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidbeaty the problem with yours, is more likely to be O2 and not the phone, as O2 use a slightly different way to access the wap. I will try to find the right settings for you.

forky The version you have is not bad, but I would advise you update to at least R1N035, what network are you on, as only O2 and Vodafone will update to the newest version of R1AA008. Or if you have a sim free one it will update.
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geraint
Not sure what the latest versio is for the S700, but this is the phone I belive tomtom used for their testing, so there should be no problems. Will rty to find out what is the newest version of firmware for it, and let you know. Do you have a DSS-25 desktop stand for it, as I think you will need one to update the software in the phone, you can get them off ebay very cheaply.
spvc500man
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you using O2 and having problems, you may find you need to activate both GPRS and data to get it working, as only high end contracts have both activated as default. Those on PAYG will find only GPRS activated, so will not be able to access the plus service. Hope this is of help.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: