Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Procedure to correct a faulty/not updated safety camera pos.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Procedure to correct a faulty/not updated safety camera pos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullinge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Procedure to correct a faulty/not updated safety camera pos. Reply with quote

Hi,
I would like to correct faults in the CheckPoint Poi Database but cannot find a proper way to communicate these findings. Basically referring to http://poiplace.oabsoftware.nl which does not offer any contact information, neither any way do correct data which is not submitted by the same registered user.

Any ideas of how this is expected to be handled ?
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all explained in the manual

http://checkpoint.oabsoftware.nl/index.php?MainURL=body-manual.htm

Basically when you are near the POI in question, you hit the button to record a POI, then select the remove false POI, specify the type. it removes it from your overlay file and also when you next sync, it removes it from the master POI files (so don't go mad with the removes Wink )

You have to be no more than 100m from the POI to remove it, but you can plan an demo a route to get yourself to it if that helps. I used this method to remove an annoying speed camera site that used I get be notifed about when I was travelling down a dual carriage way, however the camera location wasn't accessible as it had been recorded inside a prison (presumably some one playing with a new toy and hopefully not a prisoner planning a hasty exit).

HTH
Tullinge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
really embarrasing Embarassed that I overloocked/missunderstood the suggested procedure offered via Checkpoint web.

Referring to the part in your post "you hit the button to record a POI, then select the remove false POI .......", I and to what it seems many with me cannot get the application launch via accociated button to work in the configuration I use (I have got the Lat/Long positions through 1. Add favourite GPS pos. 2. Add POI referencing the new Favoutrites 3. Copy the .ov2 file with POI information to PC. 4. Extracting the camera positions from the .ov2 file by means of Oldboys tool "dumpov2")

Any clue to why I the built in support for recording POI in checkpoint does not work for me and, would there be an alternative way to launch the recording function in Checkpoint other than through the button association ?
BTW, yes the TT5 and Checkpoint is otherwise running without any problem and, yes I do use it during a route with a GPS fix, but it still refuse to start the recording part in Checkpoint.
CalumLawson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that helped, Unfortunately I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I just specify the button (3 - Calendar in my case) within Checkpoint and it works everytime.

Sorry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: