Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Micromaxx with TT5 - approx 10m out on GPS Location
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Micromaxx with TT5 - approx 10m out on GPS Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: Micromaxx with TT5 - approx 10m out on GPS Location Reply with quote

I'm running a Micromaxx MDPPS150 Clone (ish) of the Mio 168, it's running TomTom5 ok, although regularly the location shows on-screen with a 5-10m "lag" on the GPS position from where you actually are. (eg. at a junction as you drive past, you can see it's 'out') my genuine Mio 168 - (which was stolen previously) definatly did'nt suffer this problem, nor does my otherhalf's Mio 168, I've only had the unit a couple of days - but it's noticable.

I'm not sure whats causing this - but have some guesses, could it be?

a) A Faulty Unit
b) Possible fragmentation issues on the SD Memory Card that TT5 is running on (Had loads of MP3 files on previously which I had to delete)
c) The loan car from the garage (who are repairing mine after the satnav was stolen from) - could this have a reflective windscreen, thats stopping the siginal reaching the GPS properly?

Really appreciate anyones thoughts or guidance on this - Thanks.
berghaus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Micromaxx with TT5 - approx 10m out on GPS Location Reply with quote

Star1 wrote:
I'm running a Micromaxx MDPPS150 Clone (ish) of the Mio 168, it's running TomTom5 ok, although regularly the location shows on-screen with a 5-10m "lag" on the GPS position from where you actually are. (eg. at a junction as you drive past, you can see it's 'out') my genuine Mio 168 - (which was stolen previously) definatly did'nt suffer this problem, nor does my otherhalf's Mio 168, I've only had the unit a couple of days - but it's noticable.

I'm not sure whats causing this - but have some guesses, could it be?

a) A Faulty Unit
b) Possible fragmentation issues on the SD Memory Card that TT5 is running on (Had loads of MP3 files on previously which I had to delete)
c) The loan car from the garage (who are repairing mine after the satnav was stolen from) - could this have a reflective windscreen, thats stopping the siginal reaching the GPS properly?

Really appreciate anyones thoughts or guidance on this - Thanks.

Hi
I have the same unit, have you done the firmware upgrade, I have and now it works fine.
Memory Map 2004 1:50000 & 1:25000 + AERIAL ALL UK (FANTASTIC)
Mountain Biking (OFF ROAD)
Hiking
Star1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply .... I ran the Firmware update (the one that allows the GPS siginal to be displayed when running TT5) - just want to check is this the update you are refering too?

I'm goingout today - so will give it a try and see if its more accurate - and will let you know.

Thanks
berghaus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star1 wrote:
Thanks for the reply .... I ran the Firmware update (the one that allows the GPS siginal to be displayed when running TT5) - just want to check is this the update you are refering too?

I'm goingout today - so will give it a try and see if its more accurate - and will let you know.

Thanks

Hi

Yes that is the one, and it worked 100 percent, I ditched the Medion gear, as I found it very boring, I upgraded to Ray Flanagan's voice files for the speed camera files, they are very good too, much better than the bells and cow noises.
I also run Memory Map O/S mapping in 1:25000 on my PDA for wich I have all of UK that I use for MTBiking and Hiking and it is amazing.

I hope you get it to run OK.
Memory Map 2004 1:50000 & 1:25000 + AERIAL ALL UK (FANTASTIC)
Mountain Biking (OFF ROAD)
Hiking
Star1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, seams to be working ....

A problem with the card being fragmented that TT5 was running from may also have played a slight issue in some of the delays I was experiencing too !

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: