Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Your Opinion
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Opinion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adonis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Your Opinion Reply with quote

Hello to you all!!!
I am thinking of purchasing Garmin Navi 300 and I wonder if you can give ma your honest opinion regarding this unit.
My last GPS was TomTom One and it lasted just one week before it it died on me.
I would be greatfull for your advice on this matter.
Regards to you all.
Adonis.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its up to you tt1 is a good unit sirf3 etc easy to use..
i have tryed them all i like the nuvi for its size mounting bracket 12/24 volt good for us truckers more upto date mapping better speed poi when set up properly goes off when speeing and shuts up when you slow.
if i had the choice well mmmmm i supose nuvi.
ps any more info needed just ask.......
Adonis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your reply.
I also like Tom Tom One but it did not last.Just one week. In fact I only used it for couple of hours.Shame for such a good product and software.
But for now I am going to wait and see for a while.
Greetings.
Adonis.
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 350 which is the 300 with TTS and European maps. I was drawn to it by this review http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/garmin-nuvi-300-in-depth.html
and would agree with everything written.

It is a stunning piece of kit, neat, sharp and stylish, which does the job of getting you from A to B efficiently and with no fuss. It is a joy to use and set up. Full post code search is a killer feature, it automatically changes from daylight to night time mode, you can use it to find your route, or just set to map mode to show you where you are going... I could go on.

Just for comparison I had a Palm Tunsten T2 running ViaMichelin Navigation for 18 months and, whilst I was perfectly happy with it whilst using is, there is no comparison betwween the two. The Garmin Nuvi is years ahead.

Purchase one, I don't think that you will regret it.
domcat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used TOM TOM but have the Nuvi300.

The Nuvi is a much sleeker unit to look at - although I think the software is not as powerful as TOM TOM, or should I say have as many features it is the better unit for me, because unlike TOM TOM this unit works out that know a quicker route and keeps recalculating till it finds yours, unlike TOM TOM which thinks it knows best!

The example of this was I was taking the M11 to Northampton from Kent, but TOM-TOM wanted me to take the M25, and would not stop trying to take me on the M25 all journy! Where as the Nuvi wanted me on the M25 will I was on the M11, it tried once to take me back onto the M25 then gave up and plotted my route from the M11 home.

Also it is more descreet with its noises etc. Nuvi gets my vote!
Adonis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: From Adonis Reply with quote

How can I thank you enough for your valued answers.It's a BIG,BIG help.As soon as next week I am going to order Nuvi 300 myself.
Greetings to you all.
Adonis.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: