Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom5 no gps device found
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom5 no gps device found

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haifeng888
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: tomtom5 no gps device found Reply with quote

Hi, I am using tomtom 5 on X51v. My gps device is GlobalSat BC-307. I configure my gps as other cable NMEA GPS ->Baud rate 4800 -> CF_card GE. But no GPS device found. I tried other setting as well but same result. I struggled it for two weeks. Anybody can give my some tips. Thanks
joeninety
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try installing the v5.1 update form their site....it fixes some issues with other brand BT receivers and v5.
marks1702
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem and I am running 5.1 which was downloaded from the tom tom site. It was working fine until a couple of weeks ago. I have a called logged with their support department. when they fix it i will let you know how. hopefully it may be of help.
joeninety
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked your configuration settings since it stopped working a few weeks ago? also, have you tested your receiver with any other PDAs or GPS software in case it's gone faulty?
murf62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same config and the same problem as this guy, does anyone know a fix for it?
jagga
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with the tomtom mark II bluetooth gps receiver. I have tom tom 5 on hp ipaq 2410. i had spent almost 2 weeks tryng to find out whats wrong. my sellers didnt have a clue. i posted a topic on this forum as well, but didnot get any response. well coming to the good news, the problem can be solved. this was an option suggested by tom tom technical support after alot of correspondence. this is how i got it fixed.
i was asked to down load an update from tomtom website Update October 2004 - TomTom Navigator 3.07 . this can be found at http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3&Language=1. this update converts tomtom 5 to tomtom3. now go to ur start menu and find gps wizard and gps log. Go to GPS log and at the top of the screen you will find a place for COM port for blue tooth connection. from the drop down menu chose appropriate com port( it was comport 8 for me) and then select this setting by ticking the box in front of this.
now go to gps wizard and start tomtom tour. once u have configured miles , u will be asked about the type of receiver, specify wireless ( there are only two options with tom tom 3 wired and wireless). i presume that before all this u would have fully charged ur gps receiver adn paired it with ur pda. now take ur recievver and ur pda to the view of clear sky or ur car and obtain a fix. once u get a fix, the tom tom 5 should locate its place and start working normally.
use this for 4-5 hrs so that it is working very well. once u are happy about this, upgrade tomtom to tomtom 5 and the gps receiver should continue t work as before.
hope this solves the problem
regards
murf62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Jagga, but I think you have misunderstood my problem. I can get a bluetooth receiver to work fine, it's just the CF one that won't work. I don't think what you have posted above will fix it, but it's worth a try!
Fruitbox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: tom tom 5.21 with Mio A201 Reply with quote

Hello

I seem to be having a similar problem. My Mio was supplied all set up, and worked fine until I hit the configure button on the satellites screen on TomTom. Unfortunately the software on this screen is such that you have to choose a gps receiver, even though all I really wanted to do was exit the screen. I randomly selected tomtom wired but now my unit will not pick up a gps signal, saying 'no gps device!'. How do I now get tom tom to use the built in gps receiver??

Any suggestions???

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: