Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion 100 vs 175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion 100 vs 175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MichaelJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Medion 100 vs 175 Reply with quote

I received a Medion 100 for christmas, to use mainly as a sat nav, (but have and do make extensive use of a PSION series5 pda).

The Medion 100 has needed rebooted 3 times already and the shop (Halfords) has asked if I would want the Medion 175 instead.

The Medion 100 was purchased because my son was told it would accept FULL postcodes (Neither of us have had any dealings with sat nav before)
we now find it won't accept the full postcode but neither will most of the other sat navs on the market.
Therefore I don't know which to go for the 100 with pda functions(which i like and will make use of -if I retire my Psion (been with me for years), or go solely for the 175 sat nav.

any advise would be appreciated as I am to go back to the shop soon to either change or replace.

Thank you.

PS this is my first posting to a forum so my applogies for any mistakes
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomtom 5 does full 7 digit post code
pharmamike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: PMA 100 or 175 Reply with quote

I've had a PNA175 for six months and have found it to be reliable apart from not liking the sun shining on it through a windscreen - it crashes when it gets hot. Although it doesn't accept full 6 or 7 digit postcodes it does then offer a house number option which takes you right to the door.

However, having read many of the posts about Medion I have come to the conclusion that everything else is a better choice!

Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: