Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - non suction mounts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

non suction mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgs
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: non suction mounts Reply with quote

im looking for a mount for my pda, but not the common windscreen suction mounts because i'd like my pda to be lower.
ive seen some pictures of pda's placed in the space right next to the radio/cd player and dash, does anyone know what this type of holder is called and where i could get one?
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first tried a suction mount but I found it wasn’t stable enough, so now I use one which “hangs” on the fresh air vent. It’s easy to put on and take off and is much more solid.

But probably the best are Brodit, which are tailor-made for your specific vehicle, and sit nicely at the level of your dashboard.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also try
www.dashmount.co.uk
or
www.neatcom.co.uk
alistairwat50n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an amplified Brodit mount for a HP iPAQ hx4700 on a Brodit Proclip fitting specifically designed for my Scenic. The mount and proclip are very well made and the position is very well thought out by Brodit. The PDA is held firmly in place and does not vibrate or move when I’m driving. To see what’s available try - http://www.gpsforless.co.uk/search.php?st=brand|Brodit&PHPSESSID=51521ced50f3d98711cc8526c3cb57a4

You will need to select a Proclip which will be car specific, often you will be offered two or three position options.

You will need to select a mount to fit to the Proclip, I chose a Brodit Active holder with a speaker and charging as well as power for a wired receiver. All work well.

You might find the following reports useful - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/item-menu.php?idSubCat=36

Good luck
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just re-read your initial post I assume you mean a mount rather than a holder. A holder holds the PDA and a mount attaches the holder to the car - the holder is specific to the PDA (and often supplies power) whereas the mount tends to be specific to the car (although it can be a universal type)

Do you have a standard DIN slot type radio/cassette/cd? If so Dashmount do a mount that slides in between the audio and the casing and positions the holder by the side (left side for a RHD car) of it and proud of the dash and angled slightly up and towards the driver. Is that the sort of thing you mean? I bought one of these and it is very good - its reference number was 71286. They do several depending upon distance from dashboard and angle upwards you want.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: