Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSMAP 60csx
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSMAP 60csx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dermott
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: GPSMAP 60csx Reply with quote

I am new at this, I reciently purchased a 60csx, what is the best way to get road mapping of Ireland and UK, disc or microSD? Does Garmin use the latest Navteq mapping of Ireland? Should I have more than the base map for holidaying in France.
Thanks,
Dermott
missing_user

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: GPSMAP 60csx Reply with quote

Dermott wrote:
I am new at this, I reciently purchased a 60csx, what is the best way to get road mapping of Ireland and UK, disc or microSD?The microSD is a very expensive way of obtaining mapping software, If you bought a UK model the maps were included on the microSD card in the package! Does Garmin use the latest Navteq mapping of Ireland? CityNavigator v8 is the latest from Garmin but it is already out of date, the Irish Republic has poor coverage but NI is good!Should I have more than the base map for holidaying in France The European basemap would be a total waste of your 60CSx, you must use CityNavigator v8 [or MetroGuide] to realise the full potential of the unit .

You may need to upgrade your unit firmware from the Garmin Website.
MetroGuide Europe is a cheaper way of obtaining full mapping software with autorouting.
The included MicroSD [60MB] is rather small so you will need a more realistic sized card, as UK and Ireland with CN v8 takes 200MB, so with your mentioned French visit you will have to look at a half GB card [or two 256MB - one for UK and one for other areas]!

With the basemap your position is usually marked near but not on a road, but with the CN v8 you can see which side of the dual carriageway you're on and clearly see your entance and exit on roundabouts down to an accuracy of 5 feet!!

You appear to have a unit but with nothing to use in it/with it!
You need:-
A computer to load it
Mapping software CD or DVD [DVD not much use if your PC has no DVD drive]
More or bigger SD cards
Car charger for auto-navigation at night [batteries will put backlight off after 2 minutes]
Holder for unit on the dashboard.
External antenna for some cars due to heated windscreen problems!

Anything I missed!

PM me if you wish.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: