Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP6 bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP6 bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hardware buttons don't always work with my CP 6 either. That applies to sound volume as Paul mentions, and also to the change of day colours to night and back. I am not sure that it's once only; it seems to come and go almost at random on my PPC.

Paul M also asked how to use a trip saved on the desktop without using the data download wizard. The following is the procedure:

Arrow In CP 6 Desktop, save the trip file using File | Save As. This will be saved by default to the directory named \Program Files\Copilot\Save. The trip file will have the extension .trp.
Arrow In My Computer, copy the file from \Program Files\Copilot\Save to the director on your Pocket PC named \Copilot \Save.

The saved trip will then be available in CP 6 under Saved Trip on the PPC. It's not the most user-friendly way of going about things and I think that ALK would do well to think about it a bit more for the future.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
The saved trip will then be available in CP 6 under Saved Trip on the PPC.

Can you have multiple saved trips or just one?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy writes:

Quote:
Can you have multiple saved trips or just one?

Multiple. I was using the term "Saved Trip" as it appears in the CP 6 menus rather than stating the number of saved trips that can be imported.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow In CP 6 Desktop, save the trip file using File | Save As. This will be saved by default to the directory named \Program Files\Copilot\Save. The trip file will have the extension .trp.
Arrow In My Computer, copy the file from \Program Files\Copilot\Save to the director on your Pocket PC named \Copilot \Save.

The saved trip will then be available in CP 6 under Saved Trip on the PPC. It's not the most user-friendly way of going about things and I think that ALK would do well to think about it a bit more for the future.[/quote]

Must admit that was going to be my next effort to copy the trip file directly.
just another example of a badly designed user interface. It wouldnt take much to leapfrog the competition
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Paul-m"]Not sure if this is a bug or not but...

I found that while driving i can change the volume of spoken commands by pressing the up and down buttons on the iPAQ navigation buttons. However this only works once! having chosen the desired volume and let the screen return to normal i simply cant get this menu up again.
[quote]
I think this is a function of the PDA. Are you aware of the option under
Menu > Options > Volume to change the volume?

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenS writes:

Quote:
I think [volume change using hardware keys] is a function of the PDA.

Pressing up and down buttons does actually display and alter the volume on the Copilot scale, not the Windows Mobile one. Also, although I can't remember where, ALK mentioned pre-release that hardware button utilisation would be a feature of CP 6.
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
Pressing up and down buttons does actually display and alter the volume on the Copilot scale, not the Windows Mobile one. Also, although I can't remember where, ALK mentioned pre-release that hardware button utilisation would be a feature of CP 6.

My iPaq 2210 does not let me map the hardware buttons for volume control. I can map them in Windows Media Player but they adjust the WMP volume rather then the system volume. The system volume is adjusted by tapping the little speaker icon at the top of the welcome screen. If I adjust the Copilot volume it alters the system volume and vice versa. Is it perhaps related to the version of Windows Mobile?

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenS

What I am trying to describe is that, on both my PPCs, the exact volume scale that is produced in CP 6 by Menu > Options > Volume (your previous post) is also produced in CP 6 by pressing hardware buttons - without any mapping or configuration action. That is it produces the same pictures of little speakers with the scale between, in the same colours, at the bottom of the CP 6 Guidance mode screen. In other words, it brings up and uses the Copilot volume scale, not the OS one.

Going back to Paul-m's bug query, the fact is that sometimes the hardware buttons produce the result that I have described, but not always.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've now installed the .WAV voice files and found that the volume adjustment is no longer intermittent. Perhaps it was something to do with the .tts voice.
gsxr1000
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pleased i stuck with tom tom

after the last carry on with copilot 5 reviewed by dave "alk" burrows
it left a very bad taste in my mouth with such a glowing review on a very very flawed product

but remarkably burrows could never accept or discover the flaws

from experience i would advise anyone to hold out for 1 or 2 unbiased reviews from different sources before throwing their money away
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote previously:

Quote:
I've now installed the .WAV voice files and... the volume adjustment is no longer intermittent.

It turns out that in fact it is still intermittent, on Dell Axims X30 and X50V, although, in view of my belief that it was not intermittent, possibly less frequently not working with the recorded voice.
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the latest patch 6.0.1.22 in routing options where you can be warned to take breaks every time I disable it, it re-enables itself
HellFire
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time since the update, I tested it and CP6 kept freezing and quitting with memory errors. This update is a complete waste of time for me. Does the update work for anyone else?

Dave, do you have any ideas as to what is causing this?
NigelO
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another bug (although I think I've seen it mentioned elsewhere too)

I live fairly close to the M6 Toll - I occasionally use it, but most of the time I'm too stingy to part with £3.50 each way.

So, I set the PPC to "always avoid" for the toll setting.

CP6 appears not to follow this implicit instruction, because on two journeys, it decided that the M6t was indeed a far better routing option and instructed me to turn onto it.

There is a comment above about glowing reviews of CoPilot. I actually spent £180 on CP6 on the strength of the reviews on this site (clearly before I found all the bug threads)

Perhaps someone should edit or remove the reviews???
toxotes
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this has already been noted (too lazy to read older posts). I found out today that the PPC version of CP6 does not allow to change routing options to shortest. There is the option but i haven't found a way of saving that option. I have even tried to create a new profile but same thing happens - the option reverts to quickest. Very annoying. This is the second (in my opinion) critical bug in this software. If this has already been reported to ALK and so far they have not come up with a fix, what ARE they doing?
I am thinking of going back to CP5 and in the future going over to a different SatNav system altogether.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: