Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CP6 bugs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CP6 bugs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An afterthought following my post above...

I wonder if the version of CP 6 that is intended for Windows Mobile 5 happens to be v.6.0.0.77. Having said this, I was at no time asked to differentiate between versions during either installation, both of which were via the installer utility, rather than through a quickstart created from the desktop version. Also, both versions appear to be working under Windows Mobile 2003 with no more problems than already discussed oin this forum.

Has anyone any ideas?
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that springs to mind is that maybe you chose the default American English version instead of the UK english version at install. Not that it should make much difference but... who knows.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul-m's suggestion was certainly a fair one, but choosing USA English produces v6.0.0.68 too.

Also, I didn't mention that the opening WAV messages for vs 6.0.0.77 and 6.0.0.68. This, together with the fact that at least two of us have had similar results, does seem to suggest that there is something curious here.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another observation from the v.6.0.0.68/77 anomaly:

It seems that these are two different versions. As well as the difference between the two Welcome WAV files, I have now noticed that they have different Settings icons.

Has anyone else got v6.0.0.77. If so, have they tried a re-installation, and does it produce v6.0.0.68?
weirdfish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about the version thing but the advanced settings not being saved is starting to bug me now, no pun intended :x . The abiltity to customise the routing was one of the reasons I upgraded Confused
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies. Two posts ago, I edited out too many words.

I meant to say that the v.6.0.0.77 and v.6.0.0.68 Welcome WAVs are different.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I input a route in Guidance mode then view the itinerary, I get the screen flashing and the hour glass symbol showing continuously until I exit the itinerary view. The problem occurs only if the route is long enough to produce two or more pages of itinerary. It is the same with both CP 6.0.0.68 and CP 6.0.0.77, on both the Dell Axim X30 and the Dell Axim X50v. Both these PPCs run Windows Mobile 2003 (Second Edition).

A friend who has a Mitac Mio 168, which runs Windows Mobile 2003 (First Edition), does not get this screen flashing problem.

Could I ask if anyone else has come across this problem, and with what hardware and OS? Can anyone offer a solution, please.
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check out my workaround (now actually a fix) for the 1mph problem in the thread "Workaround for the CP6 Trip Time Bug"

This also fixes some of the other bugs described in this thread such as the km setting not working. However some points to note:
Changing miles to km or vice versa only works in the current session and is not saved. This is because the setting is part of a profile and not a user preference. The bug (if any) is that the profile editor does not allow this to be changed after the profile is created. THEREFORE - if you want to use km rather than miles then first of all change the setting to km THEN create a new profile. The new profile will use the km setting but can never be changed to miles and vice versa (except by editing the relevant files). This includes the Default profile which is in file DEFTRIP.DAT in \SD Card\COPILOT\DATACD This file is created when CP6 is installed and cannot be changed afterwards except by editing.

Also note a couple of bugs:
If you choose km then edit the profile the speeds are still labelled as mph but the values are in km/h. The mph to km/h conversion seems to be rather inaccurate
The itinerary will also be labelled Miles or mi rather than km but the values are in km
If you change road speeds in a profile the program does not differentiate rural speeds from urban speeds and makes them both the same so you may find your ETAs become inaccurate.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more note about the v6.0.0.68/77 anomaly:

I tried installing the Windows Mobile 5 version of CP 6 on Windows Mobile 2003. This has proved that installing the version for the wrong OS was not the source of the anomaly, as installing either version produces v6.0.0.68. I should perhaps add that all installations have been done on hard-reset PPCs.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now been informed by an HP Ipaq 2210 user that the screen flashes in CP 6's intinerary mode, as I described for my Dell PPCs a few posts above.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be helpful for peple to say whether they do not, as well as do get the problem. This might help narrow it down and even find a work-around pending a fix.

I have a MIO168 with Windows mobile 2003 (original) and as mentioned in an earlier post it would appear that this combination is OK.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen flashing of the Itinerary view screen while in guidance mode, when the itinerary is longer than one screen.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPAQ 2210 so I tried to produce the flashing itinerary problem. I loaded up 10 stops which produced about 10 pages of directions. Starting in planning mode I did not get a problem. Suspecting low memory to be a possible cause I used up all but 1Mb of memory by copying some big files. Still no flashing. I then entered guidance mode with the same trip and the flashing started. I freed up some memory and the problem continued. The only clue as to the cause is that the flashing was at the same rate as the GPS signal indicator. I think the cause is probably slow running while a big route is calculated which allows you to see the screen refreshing. I was always able to use different menu options so at least the software did not hang. Whenever I viewed the map the message showed that CP6 was determining a new route. If there is a bug it might be that it is not able to finish off its route determination.

HP iPAQ h2210 ROM 1.10.07 ENG
Windows CE 4.20
Sandisk Ultra II SD 512Mb
Haicom 303MMF and BT-401 slipper
Copilot Live 6.0.0.68
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenS writes:

Quote:
If there is a bug it might be that it is not able to finish off its route determination.

Now you mention it, I've always wondered why CP 5, and now CP6, in Planning mode produced a route with road mileage straightway but in Guidance mode produced it only after the vehicle started moving. In other words, until the car starts moving, the mileage is in air miles.

Perhaps there has been a bug all along and this is just showing it up more than before?
Paul-m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a bug or not but...

I found that while driving i can change the volume of spoken commands by pressing the up and down buttons on the iPAQ navigation buttons. However this only works once! having chosen the desired volume and let the screen return to normal i simply cant get this menu up again.

I also thought i would try planning a route on the PC and then downloading it to the PPC. So i planned my route carefully and then tried to download it. I couldnt find a way to download a pre-prepared route to the PPC. I could only download ytips that were prepared within the download wizard. or did i miss something?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: