Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST Desktop 2005 R2 hammering CPU
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST Desktop 2005 R2 hammering CPU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pee-jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: SmartST Desktop 2005 R2 hammering CPU Reply with quote

I've just got myself an ICN550TM, which I'm currently getting acquainted with.

The SmartST desktop (2005 Release 2 for ICN550 i3_9_0_28) seems to have a severe performance issue on my machine and I'm wondering if this is an issue other people have. The application uses about 98-99% of my 1.6GHz P4 CPU continuously, and is hammering the machine so hard the menus are unresponsive and it's very nearly unusable.

I've looked downloaded the product updater for ICN500 series from the Navman web site and when I run it the ICN550 isn't included in the list of supported devices - so I suppose I should conclude that there are no fixes available (?)

Anyone else have this problem?
biggles621
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the performance issues - but I had the same problem with the software updater - it didn't list or recognise the 550 at all.

Also had an additional issue - the SmartST software seemed to come with an update for the 550 software which it wanted to install. Having done so the software version number actually reduced - from 3.90.1049 to 3.90.1046. Very strange.

I've sent an e-mail to tech support and am awaiting their reply.
pee-jay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've discovered that the CPU utilisation issue only occurs when I'm zoomed way out on the map view (i.e. the view you get when the application starts for the very first time). As the app opens with the view you last used, it isn't really a problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: