Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MEDION 96800 PNA - Installing European Maps doesn't work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MEDION 96800 PNA - Installing European Maps doesn't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormanHB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: MEDION 96800 PNA - Installing European Maps doesn't work Reply with quote

Recently bought a Medion 96800 with Britain, Ireland and Major Roads of Europe on a 256mb SD/MMC card. I was impressed and bought Navigon MobileNavigator 5 Street level maps of all european countries (£130) on 2 DVDs with some countries already installed on a 1gb SD/MMC card.

The 1gb card does not work in the Medion - it isn't recognised. Tried using the Transfer Map facility on the DVD to transfer maps via MS Active_Sync to the 1gb card. Tried doing the same but onto the existing 256mb card but that map isn't recognised either.

Medion helpful but have no solution. Navigon are asleep at the moment and so can't offer a solution. SuprEtrader who very helpfully sold me the European map set are now not interested - don't reply to emails and unhelpful on phone.

Anybody any ideas? Could it be that the hidden OS on the Medion prevents the map software registration process being exposed to the user gets no chance to enter the serial and apply for the activation code?

(Anybody want to buy an unregistered & discounted MN5 Eurpean Map Set?)
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there i have nav 5 with full street level maps of europe on cd.i transfered the france map onto card and it worked fine but that was on a 512mb card and it did not ask for registration either Laughing
dabut
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there i have nav 5 with full street level maps of europe on cd.i transfered the france map onto card and it worked fine but that was on a 512mb card and it did not ask for registration either Laughing
NormanHB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that response.

Although Medion 96800 is billed as being compatible with a 1gb card and Navigon Map software is sold per-installed on this size of card - might it be a card/size compatibility problem?

MS Active Sync has no difficulty seeing the two cards I have tried with the device.
NormanHB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that response.

Although Medion 96800 is billed as being compatible with a 1gb card and Navigon Map software is sold per-installed on this size of card - might it be a card/size compatibility problem?

MS Active Sync has no difficulty seeing the two cards I have tried with the device.
NormanHB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help with this.

Unit now returned with refund and replaced by a Mio168 Pocket PC which works fine with the NM5 street level European Maps.

Problem resolved.
Paul1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
Just found this site .........Learner driver.........sorry.

Aldi in Dublin have just offered the Medion 96800 @ 349 Euro.
I intended to buy one later to day??
I know nothing about GPS units and need any help I can get.
I would use it for hire car use in general and also for my motorbike.

I need a unit which will work in Ireland and the UK which the Medion 96800 seems to have. but I especially need a GPS for Italy as I do a lot of business there. Getting out of the Airport at Rome can be great fun at night !

In general I need it to cover Europe as we cover Holland, Germany, Austria Slovenia & Italy.

This unit seems a nice size which you can put in your pocket when moving or changing cars etc. but I don't want to buy trouble.
I would spend up to 500/600 Euro = 400Sterling max if I can get the complete package.......

Sorry for long-winded post.
Many thanks
MikeOnABike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This unit does come with streetmaps of Ireland and larger European roads (italy). If you want streetmaps of italy it will cost more (try www.medionshop.co.uk) as they come on a separate memory card.

I have moutned the 968000 on a bike and it's working fine - plumbed it into a cigar socket and using earphones. Although not waterproof the supplied case is shower proof and easy to fit on the handlebar mount (the mount fits standard "naked" bike bars, I'm on a FZS600 Fazer).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: