Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Downloadable maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Downloadable maps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that TomTom are now offering the Plus Maps of Western Europe as a complete downloadable package for 120 Euro.

Quote:
This product allows you to download the seven individual maps of Great Britain, DE AT CH PL CZ, France, Italy, Iberia, Benelux and Scandinavia. All of these maps are detailed regional maps connected to the Western European major road network

Better value than the individual Plus Map downloads but still expensive considering this is still only for more up to date maps.

Roger
Johnyb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am considering upgrading my maps, but where can we see what has changed since a previous version? Is V605 or V632 the latest for GB?
Thanks
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT hasn't divulged that information. Apparently it is something that they are looking to do in the future.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
davenash
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnsley - have they got roads there then - thought it was all flat caps and meat pies?

Laughing Out Loud

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
Copilot Live 7
RNS510
iPhone4 + Navigon
jedidaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of streeets aroung Wigan and Leigh are still missing. Navigon had these streets in with the release of mn5! Come on, who's having a laugh at who?
rsvdaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of getting Orlando Florida map...guess where i'm going from my holiday's Rolling Eyes ...2 questions..anyone know if it covers all the relevant places (disney, kissimmee etc)...also I have a 128mb card the file for orlando is 2.25mb how do i find how much space i have I have the speed camera database on the card..and the latest tottom patch off their site
rsvdaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsvdaz wrote:
I'm thinking of getting Orlando Florida map...guess where i'm going from my holiday's Rolling Eyes ...2 questions..anyone know if it covers all the relevant places (disney, kissimmee etc)...also I have a 128mb card the file for orlando is 2.25mb how do i find how much space i have I have the speed camera database on the card..and the latest tottom patch off their site

Embarassed you can see how much memory is left by putting the card in a card reader..its near enough full..so new card is on order..is it just a copy and paste all (incl hidden files) onto new card the way to transfer tomtom?

oh..and anyone know the question regarding the maps above?
Embarassed
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just looked on the TomTom PLUS site, it would seem that Orlando and Kissimmee don't appear on the same map. However, Old Orlando is further north than, say, I-Drive. Looking at the options, I'd pick the St. Cloud (FL) map, since both Kissimmee and the International Airport are on it. Mind you, for another €4.95, I'd go for Orlando (FL) too, as t's almost twice as big. You might find that the St. Cloud one doesn't cover Universal Studios.
rsvdaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers Tim, if you dont know the area well, and as there apppears to be about 5 orlando maps it hard to find out which maps are required....I presume starting with orlando int airport map would be my first starting place and then try to navigate (plan a route) to an attraction to find what other maps would be required....i mean i havent a clue where St. Coud is.....you would think tomtom would have little maps on the website to see where each map covers
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve just read through most of this thread and if I’ve understood it all correctly then I’m amazed that TomTom can be so arrogant as to expect customers to pay for updated maps without specifying what’s been updated and when. Or even if anything has been updated at all !

Let’s say I have a TomTom map and because I’ve had it for a while I suspect that it may be out-of-date and perhaps a new version might be available. So I go to the TomTom website and I find that I can indeed download my map. But I won’t find out whether it’s a new version or exactly the same as the one I already have until after I’ve paid. And even if it really is a new version, I may find that it still contains the old errors I hoped would be corrected, or that all the updates are in areas I never visit.

TomTom will sell you a map but won’t tell you what’s on it, when it was last updated, or what the updates were. Is anyone actually falling for this con trick ?
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of the downloadable maps is to be able to download a map outside of the area which you currently have. It's NOT designed to be a map upgrade system.
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was not something I picked up when I read the thread, Mark, so thank you for this information. But even though that may have been the original intention, the contents of the thread clearly show that users are anxious to download these maps as updates to what they already have, not as additions to their stock of maps.

And even if I were buying a new map, I still think I should be told what I'm getting.
Silav101
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Tongue-in-cheek]

Why, you'll be getting a map of the region you bought, the same as everyone else.

Whether or not it's a new map or not is not something TomTom has to say, as, like Mark mentioned, that is not the idea behind the system. All that needs to be stated is there, a map of a specific region; like other software.

Whether you agree with this or not is immaterial, unfortunately.
rsvdaz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the maps emailed to you or delivered?
martike
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silav101 wrote:

... like other software.

Not quite, good software usually comes with a very precise version number, release date, and a list of changes, bug fixes, and so on.

In this case, however, we're not discussing software, but data, and then it's even more important to know it's validity date.

Silav101 wrote:

Whether you agree with this or not is immaterial, unfortunately.

[Tongue-in-cheek]

Absolutely true, and especially immaterial because I'm not a TomTom user, just someone who is thinking of changing to TomTom, but a forum like this one is for the exchange of ideas and opinions, immaterial or not.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: