Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 Postcode Question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 Postcode Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve_S
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: i3 Postcode Question Reply with quote

Hi,
Can someone tell me whether it is possible to enter a postcode without a house number Question
I was recently trying to find a big office (for which I didn't have the number, only the postcode) and the i3 kept asking for the number. In the end I just chose "2" and the i3 took me to a road some distance from where I wanted to be. I was wondering if it was possible to skip the house number so it would just take you to the middle of the postcode area (I think it does this if you just enter the town, right?).

Are there any other tricks I should know about when entering addresses?

Thanks.
charlies
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have to enter a house number, I usually choose 1 and 2 alternatively due to a previous report of unit locking up if you choose same number all the time 8O

Once you enter house number you will get a list of addresses, so if you know street or ind est etc should be able to get pretty close
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've found that if you enter a house number it's way out anyway... the postcode gets you to the centre of the postcode 'area' which is usually one side of a road anyway so should get you pretty close. i usually use '0' for house number if it's unknown.

it would be nice for an option of 'blank' or 'unknown' for house number... if she gets me to the street that's good enough for me!

MaFt
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My house shares post code with few other houses either side of mine and we have house names and no number.
When I first used the I3 I plugged in as I got to car twiddled the wheel and went to post code. House has no number so I entered 0 and it took me straight home. I have done the same with large company buildings and farms, they seem to have unique poste codes!
I just did the same with my old employers Post Code at their Surrey HQ. Entered 0 and it had the place pinpointed!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: