Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Rikaline 6021-x6 and tt5..help please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Rikaline 6021-x6 and tt5..help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Rikaline 6021-x6 and tt5..help please Reply with quote

i have used my x6 cf reciever with tt2 and 3 for 2 years until last week without problems but this week i recieved the tt5 upgrade and i installed every thing without problems ( and upgraded to tt5.1) but i cant get the x6 recgonised. i inserted the cf reciever, choosed (other cable NMEA GPS) and then baud rate 38400 (actually i tried all the rates). the rikaline cf appears in the next screen (in the list) so i select it but then no matter how long i wait i can only see the search sign rotating but the device is not found. am i doing nything wrong?? any help will be appreciated.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys...any one can help please!!!
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was this a very difficult question???????obviously it is for me....where are the moderators..can any one help pleassssseeee
chris1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Hi Sam, I too can't get my X6 to work with TT5 on a Jornada 568, it won't work on TT3 either.
I used the same procedure as you, left the baud rate on the default 4800( or is that 4200), after selecting 'Other Cable device', selected CF X6(or whatever it said) on the menu, ticked the box, led came on, but it will not aquire any satellites.
I currently talking to Rikaline, will post any replies I get.
sam1970
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi chris1
i have just seen your reply today after i have given up hope on any one answering me...i will appreciate your help if your hear anything from rikaline...ttm5 has been setting on my disk now for nearly 4 months and i am desperate to start using it.
Artisan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not work but it's worth a try.

Check on the Tom Tom website there's a ttn 5.210 now. When you're selecting the GPS hard ware select 'Other NMEA GPS' Not other cable NMEA GPS. And it's fair to say that the initial set up fix with the Rikaline X6 seems to take forever Rolling Eyes (30 mins +) and make sure you're under clear skies. Unfortunately the X6 is getting a little old in the tooth now as it uses the SiRf Star 2 technology and ttn 5 works better with SiRf Star 3. Saying that I am still using mine and it works reasonably well except in built up areas.

Art Me Me Me

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: