Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Traffic.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Traffic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLG
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom Traffic. Reply with quote

I am thinking of subscribing to TOMTOM traffic. Reading through various forum subjects I am left in doubt as to whether this is a wise move. Would any like to comment on this with regard to my setup listed below.

Regards Rob Greaves
Fredx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the question is more whether it is useful for the way you want to use it. If you are planning on using it for travelling along the motorways and (some) very major routes, TT Traffic can be very useful. Once you are off those routes, TT Traffic doesn't have information, so is not very useful.

I use TT Traffic every week travelling the length of the M4 from Swansea to London and back, and round the M25 to get to Barnet. When I'm doing that, TT Traffic is great; information on hold ups appear quickly when problems happen, and are cleared quickly when the road is clear. Traffic has saved me being caught up in bad problems on a number of occasions, so for that it is well worth while.

Once you get off the major routes, the information is a bit less useful however. As an example, last week I headed for Pembroke on the A48 and A477, these being a major dual carriageway and trunk road down towards Pembroke dock and the Rosslaire ferry terminal, so a very busy route. TT Traffic gave me no information on the 5 lots of major roadworks and the accident which was on the route.

I don't know what coverage is like on roads in major towns and cities as I haven't yet used it like that.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: