Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot 6 Review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot 6 Review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponderous

I have tried the link you gave, but was given:

'Your requested page was not found please reselect from our site map'
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil01 drew my attention to the faulty link that I gave for a Scraptoft-Rearsby trip. My apologies.

I tried copying the link again but it still doesn't work (maybe it's me), so please refer to Page 11 of the thread entitled:

Workarounds for Copilot's Problems

As I posted the Scraptoft Rearsby trip in the context of waypoints, I would add, very tentatively at this stage, that I am also having good results with waypoints so far.

Fingers crossed!!
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PONDEROUS,

I've modified the link, which now takes you straight to your post about the Scraptoft Rearsby trip.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Privateer.
Dell Axims X50v & X30 (both WM 2003 2nd Edition). Copilot BTGPS3 and Fortuna Clip-on BT receivers. Jabra BT 250 audio headsets. Welltech 40032/AF32 BT handsfree audio. Copilot 6.0.4.110. TomTom Navigator 5.21. MS Autoroute/Pocket Streets 2005
pdriver
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have any experience of complicated itinery planning with Co-Pilot 6?

Quote ALK website: Plan multiple stop trips and work out the best way around them automatically. Just key in the stops in any order and CoPilot Live will work out the best route around them, while keeping the end destination fixed. Perfect for multistop drivers and business users!

I often have to record and schedule as many as 50 stops per day and then store them for use later. These 'stops' are often GPS locations rather than fixed addresses or postcodes.

TomTom is very limited in this respect and was hoping that Co-Pilot 6 would do the trick. I need optimised route planning from different start and fiinish points with the facility to save itineries for later use by others people.
BMWBiker
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: First impressions of CP V6 Reply with quote

I have just installed V6 on my iPaq 3970, now upgraded to PC2003.

Installation went OK, but as always the automatic activation fails for me. But the manual activation takes only a little longer (maybe company firewall?)

At least all seems to work, and most of all it still gets a GPS fix from my old Navman sleeve, once used by Columbus.

I found persisting and new bugs in choosing contacts as destinations, and that I can no longer double-tap on the map (on PPC) to bring a location to center of screen.

Have not had the chance to try shortest routing or other routing features.

Leaving tonight for a 1-week motorcycle trip, from Philadelphia to Miami on the first leg. CP 6 will get a good tryout.
Navman sleeve (3400)
Blue Tooth GPS
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone who already has CP6 please tell me if it can, like TT5, be operated in landscape mode - I haven't been able to find out from the Alk web site
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pdriver

Copilot 6 has a limit of 10 stops per trip, so you would have to optimise the whole route in batches of 10 (unless someone knows of a tweak that will increase the number of stops). Within the 10 stops, optimisation does appear to work as far as I can tell having only used it a couple of times so far.

You will be able to prepare your trips on a deskop PC in advance and down load them to the PPCs, as you require.

On the PPCs themselves, however, your drivers will probably find route reviewing and management disappointing after TomTom 5 as there is no facility to quickly jump to each stop, to get an overview of the whole route, to centre the cursor while zooming, etc. There is also no facility to edit and remove POIs from within CP 6.

Robin2

CP 6 does work in landscape mode, but unlike TT 5, it has to be selected before starting the programme.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdriver

Apologies

I have to withdraw immediately the part of the post above in which I referred to a limit of 10 stops with Optimize Stops in CP 6. That limitation applies only when the optimisation is done on the PPC, but not on the Desktop PC. I have since experimented and got up to about 30 stops before the optimisation starts to take a very long time. I will expeiment again and post further results.

I should also correst, or clarify the situation regarding the facility to jump quickly to a stop on the map. That is in fact possible, but not to each turn on the route instructions. The limitation on jumping to stops is that the route is not displayed with a stop after jumping to it.
ahenry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PONDEROUS wrote:
Pdriver
CP 6 does work in landscape mode, but unlike TT 5, it has to be selected before starting the programme.

I've got CP6 with an MDA Vario and it toggles between portrait and landscape mode as and when you slide out the keyboard. However, the screen layout has been optimised for portrait mode so you don't see much of the map in landscape mode. It is easier to enter an address using the keyboard like that.
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further to my previous two posts above, I have now optimised a 57- stop route on the Desktop PC and downloaded it to the PPC. The stops were scattered the length and breadth of England, Wales & Scotland, and I put one stop in the South of France.

Contrary to what I suggested previously, this process did not take long (optimisation 3-4 mins). Intuitively, the resulting journey looks very good, although I have not attempted to make my own calculations. Obviously, I have not driven the route, so I don't know how the programme behaves while travelling with all of this information to process on the PPC.

Apologies once more for the initial confusion. I hope the above is at least some help.

I also note ahenry's post which indicates that hardware buttons on his computer act as a landscape/portrait toggle. I imagine the same will therefore be true of other computers, possibly including my own, so I'm not doing too well this evening. A clear case of more haste less speed.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the product is out (if in short supply), surely it is the time for this sites official review.

To start with, perhaps it might only give the date testing is due to start, then how testing is progressing, and an idea as to when a full review is likely to be forthcoming. At least we would have some idea.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will reveiw the software in due course when reveiwer recives the software and has had chance to put it through it paces

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I would have thought goes without saying. All I was suggesting was perhaps a little feedback as to how it was going.

From what you have just posted, it looks like you haven't even got a copy yet!
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a copy myself but it im not doing the reveiw as its my personal version that i upgraded as far as im aware im not doing the reveiw (but might have just talked myself in to contributing to it by opening my gob) Laughing ive ltterally just loaded it to my sda and have a quick play with the routing settings cant say im that impressed in on two test routes but thats after 5 minsutes of playing with it looks like ill need to play with the routing abit more to get the routing i want

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: