Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ARKON SoundFeeder Digital Wireless Stereo Music Adapter
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ARKON SoundFeeder Digital Wireless Stereo Music Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikeuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: ARKON SoundFeeder Digital Wireless Stereo Music Adapter Reply with quote

Just wondered if anyone had used one of these to get better sound from a PDA??

Any one suggest a better solution for pumping up the volume of voice directions??

http://www.handnav.co.uk/product_details.php?id=34

PDF book

http://www.arkon.com/manuals/sf250.pdf

Cheers
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have u tried on ur pda?
if so can u listen to stereo or radio?
what i am interested is something which works like a hands free mobile kit which works thru ur car stereo? any ideas?
Mikeuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: mobiles tend interfere with the radio Reply with quote

Not sure if this will work with a mobile?? I know mobiles tend interfere with the radio so probably this is not a good option.

Also in the manual it says you may have to retune your radio when you go to different areas, I would still like to know if anyone has used this.

Thanks
Wink
Mikeuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: I have not purchased one yet Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to say I have not purchased one yet.
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Directions into stereo?? Reply with quote

Ignoring, for the moment, that these types of devices are illegal to use in the UK (as far as I remember, they are viewed as pirate radio stations Exclamation Exclamation ), does anyone know of a device like this, that will produce the type of signal (RDS TA travel flag) that causes the broadcast Traffic Reports to cut into what you are listening to?

I've got a iPaq 5550 with very low volume audio output. At the moment I'm using a rather "Heath Robinson" arrangement with part of a cheap phone carkit that clamps over the iPaq speaker. This works OK unless I have the stereo up full blast, but needs a separate power supply. I'm looking for something that will allow me to listen to my preferred music and then cut in with directions.

Does anyone have experience with a car stereo that has a Front Panel Aux In socket? I'm presuming that this is designed for devices like iPods? Could this be used for directions? Do you select this as the Source i.e. listen to this constantly or does this cut in if a signal is present?
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile hi all, exactly something like that i would like to have? not a seperate powered mount but something which will use car stereo but cuts in and give u req directions?
anybody knows? Rolling Eyes
Gerco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I found an interesting box (FastMute) which make it possible to connect ANY PDA to your car speakers(stereo).
No special radio required.
The box has a Mute-Generator (VOX) implemented.
In the moment (5ms later) the internal car speakers are switched off and the PDA sound comes amplified (9W Sin) to your car speakers.
There is only one 2 wire connection, from the ear phone jack to that box.
2 sec after the PDA sound has finished the speaker will be switched back (fall back) to your radio.
If you have a DIN loudspeaker connector just remove connectors from your radio and plug this box in between, connect to earphone output and power it, thats all.

Add On implemented for PDA MP3 users.
Autodetect for music. If the box is detecting music the fall back time will now be changed from 2s to now 15s. So no low volume music will cause any jitter in switching.

You can find this box here
http://www.fastmute.de/
The only problem is, that all informations are in German.
If there is some interest, I can translate the main items

Gerco
ROBBINS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikeuk

Try looking at this to transfer sound to your radio.
http://www.intomusic.co.uk/scripts/digiana-audiax.asp

I know this is nothing to do with TT5 etc, I run an Ipaq HP 2210 with TT5 and TT BT GPS.
How can I get it to play MP3 files - any help please

Robbins

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: