Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No GPS Device reported on TT5!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No GPS Device reported on TT5!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: No GPS Device reported on TT5! Reply with quote

Help!

I seem to be missing something after installing TT5 on my Yakumo Delta 300 PDA. TT5 has installed, as has my POI's, voices and maps, but it's stating there is no GPS device! I'm sure there should be another programme that runs with TT5, but it isn't listed.

I've soft-reset, but still nothing!

Can anyone help please?
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the gps unit is correctly connected to the pda then it will show "no gps device" until the gps unit has a fix.

If the gps unit does have a fix then it should show (after a couple of seconds) as connected in the gps status screen - blue or grey bars on the display. If you have nothing on this screnn check it is connected properly and that all the various ports are setup in tomtom correctly.

Only one program is needed to run now - the seperate gps app in tt3 is now included within ttn5.

Ian
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a copy of TT3, but which app do I need to install? My PDA has built-in GPS receiver (it's same as Mitac Mio 168), so has no external requirements. I know I'm missing something. I've set-up TT5 OK regarding the GPS settings, but it's the other thing I need to get sorted. Sorry I can't think of the file/programme name, but your help would be appreciated.

It wasn't loaded with TT5!
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

repeat

only ttn5 runs - no other tomtom app.

you need nothing from ttn3.

It sound like the gps isn't connected to the correct com port in tomtom or that the gps unit does have a fix - it will show "no gps device" until the unit has a current fix - have you tried it outside?

the only other thing you may have run with ttn3 was something like checkpoint for gatso's etc - this wouldn't help the "no gps device" message.

I sound like its installed ok to me.

Ian
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

OK. I've checked my GPS settings as follows in TT5: Other Cable NMEA @ 4800 baud, Serial Cable on SP2, which I know is correct.

Still nothing! TT5 was previously installed, but some numpy hard-reset my PDA! Originally TT5 was installed over TT3 without any problem. This time, I've installed TT5 on it's own. I've only installed TT5 itself without any maps etc, as I have these on my SD card.

I don't know what else to do!
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutching at straws....

you didn't previouysly have any rom updxates or similar installed which may have got wiped with the hard resest did you? Have no knowledge of your pda but hp release full roms and also hot fixes (these sit in ram and are deleted by hard resets).

Other than that - did the hard reset also hard reset the gps part of the pda - ie are you having to do a factory cold start - these can take upto 20 minutes with a clear view of the sky to reload the gps settings as it works out where it is - maybe worth a shot??

Good luck

Ian
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: TT5 & Yakumo Delta 300 - No GPS Signal Reply with quote

I've hard-reset my PDA and re-installed TT5. It's still reporting 'no gps signal' even after ages outside pointing it at the stars.

I'm at a total loss as to why it isn't functioning when it was working perfectly before. The black/yellow icon is rotating in the GPS status screen, but the bars are empty as is everything else.

If there is a boffin out there who has a solution, please help!
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: No GPS Device reported on TT5 Reply with quote

Delete 'No GPS signal' on previous post . . insert 'No GPS device'
TuurG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the Yakumo come with some kind of driver CD, to reinstall the gps driver (if there is a special one) after a hard reset?

on the other hand, you say you see the black and yellow icon turning, this means it is feeding gps data. Just eb patient and wait for a while on an open space.
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll leave it out overnight. I bought the PDA off Ebay. It's been working fine even after I upgraded it from TT3 to TT5. For some reason, after it was hard-reset, I've been getting a 'no gps device' message.

I do not have any Yakumo installation CD's with the PDA. In two words . . 'this sucks'. There seems to be no logical explanation for this. I'll take any and all suggestions.

Many thanks to those who have offered advice thus far.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try GPS Speed Sentry to see if that works, it's a free demo.

After the web site opens click on the left menu for GPS Speed Sentry, then across the top of that window you will see the download link.

Open Here

At least you will be able to check that your PDA gps is working or not.
bigswede
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem but that's under WM5.

My solutions is to start TomTom5 and then switch to GPS-viewer, toggle the open/close GPS button in GPS-viewer until I see a NMEA stream.
Then I close GPS-viewer and then switch back TomTom which is working by then.

This is strange behavior but it seems that TomTom5 can't open the GPS port somehow.

I'm using the WM5 GPS-port sharing function.

(x51v WM5 TomTom5.1 Holux GPSlim 236 BT)
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: No GPS Device reported on TT5 Reply with quote

OK. I've installed Speed Sentry and run the GPS setup @ 4800 baud/Com 2 serial cable on SP2/auto connect. Clicked OK and . . . nothing. All zero's being reported.

I left my PDA out last night until the battery ran out. Still no GPS device reported!

Over to you techie guys. I have no clue what to do now.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like one of 2 things, hardware is damaged in some way, or the firmware may be corrupted.

On my Medion 95000 (again a re-branded Mio168) there is a utility on the Settings - System menu - called Medion Utility, on this utility it has a tab for GPS Settings, on this page it gives you the option to Factory Reset the GPS receiver, if you have such an option try doing that, when it runs on the Medion, it only takes a few seconds and a progress line shows when it has completed, then shows Success, as it has always been OK then i don't know what it would say if it Failed, perhaps just that.

I have also got a firmware program that can show you what version of firmware is on the unit and also update it to the same firmware that is on the Mitac Mio168, I do use this firmware on my Medion as it works better that the Medion GPS firmware.

You can find it Here, but I would only use it as a last resort, and I take NO responsibility if it does not work.

Or before that return the unit to the manufacturer for service.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pirate, have a look at this link, do you have a mobile near the pda?
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=29124 - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: