Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map freeze
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map freeze

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Map freeze Reply with quote

If I switch between 2D and 3D maps during a route on my iCN 520, I find that although the verbal directions keep updating, the displayed map will not move on and display my location. I go "Off the page". As I continue to travel and with teh map in 2D mode the map appears to rotate about a point - perhaps the point I was in when I initially switched screens so it knows where north is - it just doesn't want to track horizontally or vertically. The only way I can see my location is to manually move the map using the touchscreen or the 4 way button. So far, the only way I can get things back on track is to cancel the route and get the unit to recalculate it. A "soft" power off/on does not get it to track correctly. As a side issue I have also found that the speed dependant auto-zoom feature does not seem to work despite being selected in the preferences screen. I have written a help request to Navman but heard nothing back so far. HAs Anyone else seen this or know of a solution? Question
banger9365
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thinik you have to press the next button to geting running again has its in manual mode
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banger9365 is spot on, the display on the bottom off the screen should say automatic for your location to be updated on the map and then auto scroll when you are merely driving aropund without the system navigation running. Naturally, when you are following a pre-planned navigation route then you eill already be in automatic mode.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys. I am actually not going to be able to test this out 'til saturday now, but could I just pre-empt my question "where is the "next" button you refer to. Is it a softkey at the bottom of the screen or.... I cannot recall seeing any next button.....
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key is actually the next page key.
Paulius55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press the ESC key and it will go back to automatic.
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pressing ESC will only put the unit back so that the map is sideways on. If you want the direction indicator arrow cursor to move with you and be in the same orientation to the direction you are travelling, you need to press the next page button.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reitterate - what is the next page key on an iCN520? Is it a hard key on the right side of the unit or a softkey which only appears under certain circumstances on the touchscreen?
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probably worth you reading your manual, as this button is quite fundamental and well documented.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take your point, but I was in Ireland without my manual and was simply asking for a little guidance in that circumstance.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then folks, en Route from Newport to Bridgend today my map froze mid route in the 3D map screen. No amount of either the ESC key or the next page key made it begin tracking again but again the voice prompts continued correctly until I reached my destination. The area at the base of the screen was displaying M4 and rotating about a point as I turned corners. As it was on motorway there was nowhere to pull over and set it to recalculate the route so I had to live with it. My return trip "Go to" "My Home" worked faultlessly!

Any further ideas?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: