Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Safety Camera Database - Mio 168
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Safety Camera Database - Mio 168

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Safety Camera Database - Mio 168 Reply with quote

Can anybody tell me if it's possible to download a safety camera database to my Mio 168, with a 256 SD Card, using AA Navitgator?

Thanks

Mash
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Safety Camera Database - Mio 168 Reply with quote

sham wrote:
Can anybody tell me if it's possible to download a safety camera database to my Mio 168, with a 256 SD Card, using AA Navitgator?

Thanks

Mash

Hi Mash
Welcome

I am not familier with the AA Navigator and don't know for sure. However, If it allows third party POIs to be added, then there is a possibility that the Safety Cameras might be installable...

Have you been to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php yet? If not I suggest a good read there to get the concept of adding them to various SatNac progs. The fact that AA Navigator is NOT listed may indicate that you cannot add them...

However hang about here and someone with more knowledge will advise...

All the best...
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cant that i know of install speed camera files onto AA Navigator.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Safety Camera Database - Mio 168 Reply with quote

sham wrote:
Can anybody tell me if it's possible to download a safety camera database to my Mio 168, with a 256 SD Card, using AA Navitgator? Thanks, Mash

I must admit that I don't know, but you would think that the AA would do an update to the software now as they now print the locations on the paper maps they supply.
StevenGourlay
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is a major selling point for GPS atm, everyone wants to be able to install speedcamera's.
sham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who answered my question regarding addind speed cameras to my MIO 168 with AA navigator on I now know it is not possible to do this. Perhaps someone in the forum can please answer another question Question i have now obtained Tom Tom 5 but i am unable to bring the maps up on the Mio 168 even though it has all loaded onto the PDA any suggestions
Thanks sham
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sham wrote:
i have now obtained Tom Tom 5 but i am unable to bring the maps up on the Mio 168 even though it has all loaded onto the PDA any suggestions

What actually did you obtain?

If it was TTN5.1 itself there would not be any maps included unless you bought the CD set.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've got Tom Tom navigator 5 without maps, but the maps are in a seperate folder on the CD.

TomTom is on the PDA, but won't pick the maps up which I have managed to copy onto the storage card (256mb)

There is a Readme file with the maps that says

'To install this map copy the folder:

Great_Britain-Map

to the root of you memory card'

I have copied the maps onto the Storage card via active sync
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't sound like a genuine copy of TTN5 to me. Rolling Eyes

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
sham
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 5 Reply with quote

Thanks Richard for the reply, this is a genuine copy of TOMTOM 5 it is included on a CD for mobile phone utilities and includes for PDA's as well
thanks
sham
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect what you have there is not a genuine version. What you have is a pirated or cracked version. As far as I know Tom Tom do not market their products on a "CD for mobile phone utlities". They also do not market TT5 (for PDAs) and TT mobile (for mobile phones) on the same CD. At least not in the UK.

If your version is cracked it may explain the problems you are having - it ain't been cracked properly.
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: TOMTOM 5 Reply with quote

sham wrote:
Thanks Richard for the reply, this is a genuine copy of TOMTOM 5 it is included on a CD for mobile phone utilities and includes for PDA's as well
thanks
sham

Why have you not installed it all from the TomTom setup menu, if this is a genuine product then all of the options to install the software on to the PDA and the maps to the storage card are done from that menu ! along with several other options.

If you have done the above, did you use a card reader to transfer the map to the card, if you did then that may be the problem.

You need to format the card in the card reader, then with the card in the card reader RIGHT click the card reader drive, then go to the Tools menu, and click Error Checking, click Check Now, then put a tick in BOTH of the boxes on the window that opens, then click the Start button, after it has completed then have a look to see if there is anything on the card, if there is any files, like lost file fragments then delete them and repeat the Error Checking again till there is nothing on the card, if it has no files on it the first time them remove it from the card reader and put it back into your PDA, connect via ActiveSync and then run the TomTom setup, once it has started then select the option for the map and load it to the card via ActiveSync, it will take some time as ActiveSync is very slow compared to a card reader, but it shoud then work, TomTom should see the map and then allow you to complete the setup process.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: