Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom product non support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom product non support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: tomtom product non support Reply with quote

Is there any way to get hold of the product support people directly? I have a defective car charger and have filled in 2 messages on that automated questions "customer support" system without getting any response. They just say "contact product support" but don't provide a means to do so. I found somewhere a well hidden phone number which Ican't fimd again now, but that just produced a voice message saying "too busy, use the web site" and hung up. This is pretty dire!!
Steve
weirdlittlebiscuit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Poor Reply with quote

I've found TomToms customer support terrible, I've been waiting for a refund for 11 days and they don't seem to read the support mails you send them as their answers rarely have any relevance.

The contact details are hidden away here -
http://www.tomtom.com/support/index.php?Language=1&query=cpntact+us+phone&FID=368
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their contact phone number is 0845 1610009.

The fax number is 003120 8501097. It's a Holland No.

If you the phone, they open at 9 a.m. Mon-Fri. Get in early and be patient.

The fax number seems to be getting more popular. Include your email address as they prefer to reply this way.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with their support at all so far.

I think the biggest problem I've had is that when raising support calls (Via the web) they always ask me to load v5.201 on my unit. But I already told them it was running v5.201 when I logged the call.

Apart from that, it's been fine. Their attitude with regards to map errors sucks though. I must admit that. It's... Like... We've sold you the Unit. The maps we've given you out of the goodness of our heart. Any errors aren't our problem. See the people who make them.

If you can get past that, it's fine.
Hamie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah. Saying the attitude sucks... That could go both ways... My attitude when logging calls while frustrated & annoyed probably sucks too. In fact I know it does. I think they've done a fine job so far for me. Some problems just take a while to work though, because customer problems usually are very hard to reproduce.

(I work as an IT Consultant & part of that is trouble shooting problems when the normal L2/3/whatever support & development people (Or vendor in lots of cases) can't work out what's going wrong. Customers just don't use things like those who actually work with them do. And they don't tend to talk the same language).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: