Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how to change ports for BT? on navigon4
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how to change ports for BT? on navigon4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zohaer21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: how to change ports for BT? on navigon4 Reply with quote

hi
i have navigon 4 maps and software(bought 2nd hand ) along with a holux 231 bluetooth gps reciever...
i cant get teh navigon software to check for my holux reciever on comport 4 or 8... on my ppc it allows me only these 2 ports for BT communication
is there any way of getting the navigon to use com port 4 or 8 ?
please let me know fast
thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Navigon, what did you specify as the GPS receiver type? You need to select "Other GPS" to see COM8

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zohaer21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
i have imate jasjar running wm5... i did chose other reciever in navigon and the ports it gives are 1,2,3,5,7 and 9 ...no 4 or 8
thanks
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to configure WM5 NOT to handle the GPS ports. Navigon is not WM5 aware.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zohaer21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
You need to configure WM5 NOT to handle the GPS ports. Navigon is not WM5 aware.

how do i do that?>
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start > Settings > System > GPS > Access

uncheck the box "Manage GPS automatically"

Alternatively, use the WM5 GPS setup to describe your current hardware, and then use the WM5 provided COM port in Navigon.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
zohaer21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the com port of choice but when i save the settings my ppcPE just hangs.. i guess this is coz of wm5 on my device ...so i need update for navigon 4.0 to 4.2 (ive read 4.2 should be working ok with wm5) the links on navigon site for version 4 upgrades dont exist any more.. i shelled out roughly 450 USD for my navigon and dont wanna spend more on upgrading to version 5.. PLUS the version 5 doesnt yet have middle east maps.. so please please if any one can provide an alternate download link or email me the file...im going crazy looking for the upgrade on the net..
please anyone help me!!!!!
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zohaer21 wrote:
PLUS the version 5 doesnt yet have middle east maps.. so please please if any one can provide an alternate download link or email me the file...im going crazy looking for the upgrade on the net..

OnCourse Navigator 5 has middle east maps, and it's not that expensive. Please do not discuss illegal activities here.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
floepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lutz, Is there a primer on what WM5 is "supposed" to do as far as GPS configuration is concerned? I have just purchased the HI-303III and Navigon and am having trouble getting the 2 to communicate. I've managed a few connections, but it is eventually dropped after a minute or 2.

Does one configure the GPS in WM5 first? What is the difference between a hardware port and software port? Must the port selected in Navigon match the hardware port or software port as selected in WM5?

Also, when using "automatic" port selector in Navigon, it only scans Com 1. How can I have it look for the GPS on other ports? It seems I'll have to rely on manual configuration, which is just fine if it would only work! BTW, I have unchecked the box as per your recommendation in WM5.

This is really incredible. I have the latest operating system, the latest PDA, the latest nav software, and *still* it is way more difficult than it should be.

Thanks for any advice.
zohaer21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin wrote:
zohaer21 wrote:
PLUS the version 5 doesnt yet have middle east maps.. so please please if any one can provide an alternate download link or email me the file...im going crazy looking for the upgrade on the net..

OnCourse Navigator 5 has middle east maps, and it's not that expensive. Please do not discuss illegal activities here.

dude illegal would be if im pirating software... the navigon 4 is now unsupported by gmbh (i emailed them and they told me the same and to upgrade to version 5) but version 5 doent have middle east maps..
the reason i asked if anyone can provide and alternate link for download is that usually (me always ) keep a copy of my software on the pc (updates and stuff) and if anyone has them on their pc may be they cangive a copy to me (upgrade only) ....any ways this ispointless as i got a update to 4.2 from edonkey and the bloody bad news is that it still doenst work with wm5.. i guess i wasted alot of money on something thats turned out to me pointless....

on another note.. i went to oncourse site and what i gathered from it was i need to buy a us or europe map and then purschase a middle east map seperately???? is that crazy or i just misunderstood their purchase policy???
floepie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems the Haicom works well over serial, but not well over CF. I lose the connection to the GPS any time I start mildly interacting with Navigon. Connection can be restored by reinserting the CF GPS. Although I won't be using the Haicom as CF GPS, I would like it to function as such from time to time....

I don't know if this is WM5 or OCN5 problem....Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: