Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Using traffic on nokia 6630 on Three
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Using traffic on nokia 6630 on Three

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fishy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Using traffic on nokia 6630 on Three Reply with quote

HI,
I'm new to this whole traffic idea - and have no idea about down loading info via my mobile phone ! So, i hope somebody can help me out..
I'm on the network Three, with a nokia 6630.
I have two services i can subscribe to from 3 which are related to downloading info... one is £2.50 a month ( i'm hoping it's that one) - the other is £45/month ! Which service do i need to make Tomtom traffic work ?

Add Mobile website
If you want even more on your mobile you can now get access to the best mobile web sites on your 3 mobile. Accessing these sites is really easy with short cuts to popular sites such as eBay, BBC, Amazon, MSN and Sky.
Add Mobile web sites costs just £2.50 per month for 5MB of data - typically that's the equivalent of 500 mobile pages every month.

or

add wireless web
Browse the internet, read your email and download large files while you're on the move. Wireless Web gives you access to the internet at 3G speeds, that’s up to 384 kbits/s without the need for a fixed line connection. Customers with Add Wireless web will also be able to access to mobile web sites on their 3 mobile using their data allowance.
Add wireless web costs £45 per month for 512Mb of data - typically this equates to 1000 internet pages, accessed from your laptop every month.
Fishy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forgot to say.... I'm using TT5 on an Ipaq 2210... and planning to connect to my mobile via bluetooth...
Critor1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

Unfortunately you will need the Wireless Web, as this allows connection from a laptop/PC/PDA via the phone.

Mobile Website only gives you access to pre approved websites (TomTom not available).

HOWEVER.

I currently have a Nokia 6630 connecting via Bluetooth to an IPAQ 5550, everything is setup correctly, BUT i cant connect.

I have been told that the problem is due to compatibility issues for the Bluetooth, between the IPaq's and Nokias.

So if anyone has any more ideas, Nokia or HP patches please let us know.
Fishy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i won't be doing that then .. it's not worth £45 a month to download 512mb from Three when i only need 1mb a month !

Shame.

But if Nokias & Ipaq don't communicate anyway....
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am unfortunately on Three. Yesterday I telephoned them to complain about their £45 deal basically told them they were taking the ***s. I get around the problem by using a seperate phone (Nokia 6600) and voda payg. By the way I have a ipaq 5450 and have no problems using the Nokia. It did take a long time to get the settings correct.
Mike
Critor1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Do you know what the correct settings would be.
realistic
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not know the Three settings but here are the Vodafone ones.

Listed below are the settings sent me from Vodafone. Note that the extra dial-string is different. Also use server- assigned address.
Seems to be working. Traffic enabled. At last I

Nokia 6600 to IPAQ 2002 via BlueTooth

In the testing I have done I did not have to have a data account setup on the Nokia 6600.

On the Nokia enable BlueTooth via

1. Select Menu

2. Select Connect

3. Select Bluetooth

4. Turn Bluetooth On

5. My phone’s visibility – Show to all.

Pair the devices and set the Bluetooth Modem on the IPAQ.

1. Select the Bluetooth Manager

2. Select Search

3. Put a tick against your phone and Save

4. Select Ok and Ok which should return you to the Bluetooth Manager

5. Select your phone which will now list the Device Information

6. Select Action

7. Select Create Bond with this device

8. Enter PIN code and Ok

9. (The Nokia should now ask for the same PIN code. Enter and Ok)

10. Hold down pen on the Nokia icon.

11. It should now give the option to Set as Bluetooth Dialup Modem

12. You should now see a Blue circle with two white arrows over the Nokia phone.

13. Quit the Bluetooth Manager

14. Select Start

15. Select Settings

16. Select Connections

17. Select Connections

18. On the top dropdown menu select New

19. Enter internet in the name box

20. Select the modem tab

21. Enter internet in the name box

22. Select Bluetooth Dialup Modem in the drop down box

23. Select Next

24. Enter *99# in the phone number box

25. Select Next

26. Untick Wait for dial tone before dialing

27. In the extra dial-string modem commands enter (case sensitive) +CGDCONT=1,”IP”,”pp.vodafone.co.uk”

28. Select Finish

29. Select Ok

30. Select Connect

31. Enter web and web in the user name and password

32. Tick save password
Mike
Fishy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a comprehensive reply from 3.. but not exactly what i was hoping for !
I assume that simply adding the Tomtom website to the approved list of "mobile website" on offer from 3 won't do the job for connecting to live traffic info !?

>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for your email regarding the Add Mobile Websites add-on.

Our Add Mobile Websites add-on is a constantly evolving product. For £2.50 a month, our customers can access a wide range of websites on all 3 handsets. The add-on is divided into six categories - News, Entertainment, Webmail, Sport, Lifestyle - and most appropriate to your email - Travel. In your email, you asked about not being able to access your satellite navigation traffic information. At this time, 3 do offer travel bulletins for our users. Our service does not as yet support a number of travel and transportation websites, but we are always looking to improve the content available to our customers.

The really great thing about this add-on is that our customers can actually influence what content we put on our Mobile Websites range. If you have a website that you feel would be of benefit to not just yourself, but all 3 customers, you can text the name of your website and its address to 36663. Once we receive your text, we'll review your website and check that it is compatible with our handsets and look into offering it as a website for our customers to use. I'm sure you'll agree that this is a great option and that it really does put a level of control in the hands of the customer in what information they can access.

If you'd like to see the full range of sites we currently offer our customers (bearing in mind that this range is always under review), you can access the list by going to our website, www.three.co.uk. Once you've accessed our website, you then click on "Services". The screen will refresh, and the screen will display a range of options in the main panel of all of 3's 3G services. If you click on "Mobile Websites", you will see a heading at the foot of the main panel entitled "Further Information". If you click on this, the link will load up a document giving you more detail on the Mobile Websites add-on.

Once the document has loaded, scroll down until you reach "Check what's available from your handset". Nokia and Sony Ericsson users have to click "Other Handsets". A full list of the websites available will appear. For travel websites, scroll right down to the bottom of the document to show what sites are currently available.

Finally, I would like to add that all of our add-ons are constantly under review in order to make sure that our customers receive the very best content on our network. I would like to thank you for contacting 3 and I would like to assure you that we appreciate all feedback from our customers regarding our network. I trust that the above is of use to you.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services team on 333 from your handset (free of charge) or 08707 330 333 from any landline number (national calling rates do apply).

Thank you for contacting 3.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: