Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Driver for Rikaline on PPC2003 (TomTom5)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Driver for Rikaline on PPC2003 (TomTom5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RMIM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Driver for Rikaline on PPC2003 (TomTom5) Reply with quote

Hi,

Please can someone help me - I been searching the net for hrs and now I'm going nuts.

I have a Rikaline wired GPS (6010 I think). I originally bought it for my laptop. I have been using it with my laptop with no problems (I have a USB adaptor thing for it. A-6013 USB)

I bought a new phn/pda T Mobile MDA Compact. (That runs Pocket PC 2003 right?). Well I bought an adaptor so I could use my Rikaline GPS with my MDA Compact (mini USB). Its just a bit of cable that has mini usb on one end and plugs into the Rikaline (does not have a ciglighter). Also I noticed it did not have a bulge (dongle?) on the wire like my full size usb cable adaptor.

I tried to download the driver for pocket pc from the rakaline web site. I installed them. It seemed to install ok, as it's possible to uninstall them from add/remove.

Im trying to get it to work with TomTom5. No luck.

I don’t see any red flashing light on the Rikaline unit (like I used to get with the laptop)

On my Pocket PC is listed (add/remove section) is Prolific PL-2303 Driver.

I using tomtom5, I choose Other Cable NMEA GPS>4800 Baud click done and I see Infrared port Com9 Internal modem Serial cable on com1 Com4 Com5

I choose serial on com one and get No gps device. (I have tried the other ports, same thing.)

What do I need to do?

There is one file I downloaded that contains 4 separate file (I think for drivers for different models of PDA)
ce_pl-2303hx-x_arm_1008.CAM
ce_pl-2303hx-x_mipsii_1008
ce_pl-2303hx-x_sh3_1008
ce_pl-2303hx-x_x86_1008

I used the ce_pl-2303hx-x_x86_1008. What do they all mean? Should I install all 4?

Thanks.
RMIM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a reply from rilakine,

They said my device can only be used with Bluetooth!

Do you think this is true?

Are they saying I cant use any wired GPS with my MDA Compact?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: