Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - i3 sold everywhere now
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 sold everywhere now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: i3 sold everywhere now Reply with quote

have you noticed that the i3 can now be brought from dixons/currys/pc world as well as maplins all for £199 delivered....and theres me telling the wife that we got to get one now cos its a special offer and will soon go up to £299!!!
markyboy1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it was a bit misleading, Maplins appeared to have the sole rights. A search for the unit in Google only ever brought Maplin up. Also they were and i think still are saying it was on promotion, due to go up on the 8th Oct. However with the dixons group now selling at the same price it would seem that this price will be fixed and if anything will reduce. I was interested to follow these on ebay, never more than 6 or 7 at once, all priced around the £220 and up mark, yesterday there was 1 that was an auction that had reached £210 plus £10 postage, seems some people can never let go once on an auction! I was intending on selling mine on ebay after the 8/10 when the price went up as i thought that i would at least get my money back, however in light of the ease of availablity i think i will keep it as a backup for my tomtom go, or even let my wife use it in her car, trouble is she does not have trouble navigating the 3 mile trip to work that involves just 2 left turns and she has reached her destination!
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i done the google thing as well and also wondered why people were bidding in excess of the £199 inc postage that maplins and now others are charging..people seem to think ebay is the only online place to buy stuff....
Hyperion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see what happens to the price in a few weeks. The i3 is currently on sale at amazon.com for $333 which is about £186 and that is with City Select N. America DVD. This would suggest that £199 and only local UK mapping is about right, since the C330 retails at about £300 on Amazon.com compared with £470 on Amazon.co.uk
However since they're obviously going up against the Tom Tom 300, they could probably up the price by £50 and still be good value.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

comett have them in stock in the shops

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i figure the other groups are selling at a matched price otherwise no one would buy them... you google streetpilot i3 and it generally points to the maplin site so people will see it's £199 there. however, i AM tempted to buy a couple more and sell on ebay for an easy £20 profit! some people he? there's more to online shopping than ebay!!!

MaFt
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt..might be a good idea of yours (buying and selling on ebay at profit) cos wait till about november and the i3 will shoot up to £299 just in time for xmas.......
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman, i'd feel bad for taking advantage of lazy people who can't be bothered shopping around...

still, the money would be nice! especially if i get a few now and keep hold for a couple of months!! Laughing Out Loud!

MaFt
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markyboy1 wrote:
Also they were and i think still are saying it was on promotion, due to go up on the 8th Oct. However with the dixons group now selling at the same price it would seem that this price will be fixed and if anything will reduce.

This all depends on Garmin. They set the price. It wasn't too long ago that a certain online GPS shop were struck off the Garmin reseller list for selling lower than the Garmin set price. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it.
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garmin have definetely sparked an interest with the very low price for the i3..maybe tom tom might lower their prices to compete..
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
garmin have definetely sparked an interest with the very low price for the i3..maybe tom tom might lower their prices to compete..

It wouldn't suprise me otherwise Tom Tom will definately lose out on Christmas sales (if they haven't already).

I got my i3 purely based on the price. I wanted something more portable for the car but couldn't justify the cost until the i3 came out. So now I have 3... PDA going on eBay soon Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: