Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - where are the addresses??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

where are the addresses??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightshift
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: where are the addresses?? Reply with quote

I have the tomtom go 300 and i find it really frustrating that the unit will not tell me anywhere what the exact address of stored points of interest or my stored favorites are. My previous GPS/PDA let me browse a list of locations and view all the details including their addresses.

So, like when looking at points of interest, I can't view the exact address of the stored POI (or can you?). For instance if I know the whereabouts of the place - like the town, i cant *browse* the POI database to find it because it won't show exact address! or if i find the place's address online, i cant match it up with the one in the GPS.

In one instance, i stored a friends house as a favorite place and one night was on my way to it for a party. I needed to tell another friend the address to find it - they had a GPS thing on their phone also. But i couldnt *extract* the address from the favorite i stored. I mean i entered the address once, but i couldnt get it back! All i needed was the street and house number but i couldnt get it. It was really frustrating.

Am i missing something? Cuz if this is impossible, im thinking of selling this and getting another GPS PDA that this unit replaced recently.

Any help appreciated!
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text portion of a POI is the part that holds the information that is displayed. Generally speaking this text is kept to the bare minimum, a) to keep the file smaller and b) it makes it quicker to search.

Most POI's that I create have a Town location and usually a phone number. To most users that is all that is needed.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: