Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASHERS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would useful (and I would have thought quite a simple change) to be have the ability to display your current location as lat/long. You could then use this to add exact locations e.g. new safety cameras to your own custom poi files or submit to pocketgps for inclusion in theirs.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASHERS wrote:
I think it would useful (and I would have thought quite a simple change) to be have the ability to display your current location as lat/long. You could then use this to add exact locations e.g. new safety cameras to your own custom poi files or submit to pocketgps for inclusion in theirs.

i agree, this would be useful. for any places rather than just safety camera's.

MaFt
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about being able to load different direction 'voices' like you can on tom toms...something like ozy osbourne telling you to 'turn f***ing right' at the next roundabout..(maybe not so severe as ozy.)
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
how about being able to load different direction 'voices' like you can on tom toms...something like ozy osbourne telling you to 'turn f***ing right' at the next roundabout..(maybe not so severe as ozy.)

Homer Simpson saying DOH! instead of the nice nice lady saying recalculating. Twisted Evil
Cuppa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
ASHERS wrote:

i agree, this would be useful. for any places rather than just safety camera's.

MaFt

Fully Agree, if watching, can we have this please Garmin? As I have two units it would be nice to update one custom POI with co-ords from the unit that I can load into both with POIloader. Also, if do a full reset, entries that you add by pressing and holding the wheel will be lost, yet if possibility to write them into a custom POI then you can just upload again.
antwalsh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see the unit automatically start at Map View when the unit is powered rather than have to press a button to get off the menu.

I also like the feature of TomTom whereby the map switches to a direction arrow and speedo when a certain speed is reached.
Cuppa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fully Agree, if watching, can we have this please Garmin? As I have two units it would be nice to update one custom POI with co-ords from the unit that I can load into both with POIloader. Also, if do a full reset, entries that you add by pressing and holding the wheel will be lost, yet if possibility to write them into a custom POI then you can just upload again.

Thought about this a little more.

Basically, I'd like to extend the menu which displays when you have already selected your destination or saved favourite. As well as the usual 'start navigating, change symbol, change name' etc. to also have an additional entry to say 'Show lat/long'.

That way, any custom or otherwise entries you'd be able to get the lat/long from them.

It would be really cool to access these saved ones via USB them to the PC to build up csv files, but suspect that this unit is not capable.
andybike
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a newbie and i have a few idea's.

howabout an earphone socket,a 1'' socket/ball adapter for use with ram mounts and a waterproof case as the i3 is popular with bikers who want a gps satnav on a tight budget
blackrat62
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Detour Reply with quote

Tried the detour mode today - don't bother.

Travelling on M3 towards M25 (next junction), pressed 'detour' - routed me onto M25 to next exit, back again to rejoin M3 at the same point I exited.

Applying logic here - I have asked to detour - if the jam is before the next exit then I can't detour (too late) - it seems sensible to asume jam is after next exit, or detour is useless - so why get you to exit then rejoin at the same junction?

I think the i3 should assume the jam is after the next exit and calculate accordingly - if its before the next exit its too late!

There were several options it could have used so it isn't that it had no choice.

REQUEST - MAKE DETOUR ASSUME JAM IS AFTER NEXT JUNCTION (IT DOESN'T NOW) OR IT IS POINTLESS!
dougconran
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another request (so that we don't have to commit piracy, Garmin Wink ).
Can we have some means of being able to get POIs out of the i3.

Doug
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andybike wrote:
i'm a newbie and i have a few idea's.

howabout an earphone socket,a 1'' socket/ball adapter for use with ram mounts and a waterproof case as the i3 is popular with bikers who want a gps satnav on a tight budget

earphone socket ... for an extension speaker maybe or route sound via car stereo (although the i3 voice directions are quite loud)

1'' socket... good idea, i for one dont like the i3 on the windscreen..

antwalsh wrote:
I would like to see the unit automatically start at Map View when the unit is powered rather than have to press a button to get off the menu.

this idea makes so much sense
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Detour Reply with quote

blackrat62 wrote:

REQUEST - MAKE DETOUR ASSUME JAM IS AFTER NEXT JUNCTION (IT DOESN'T NOW) OR IT IS POINTLESS!

OR: have a setting for the detour where you can preset it with a set distance. i.e. if you have the detour option set to 2 miles then it doesn't take you back to the original route for at least 2 miles. if you're on a long motorway journey you could set it to 10 miles so if there was a big jam it wouldn't take you back onto the normal route until you've gone 10 miles.

not sure how easy it would be to implement though...

MaFt
zogman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt...good idea mate but would'nt just be as easy to get off the motorway for instance and head in the general direction of your destination and let the i3 recalculate you back on route...it would be pot luck if the i3 takes you back onto the m/way past the jam or right back into it ,just further down the road and could we put up with the i3 saying 'recalculating' all the time.... ...
pauljmuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was going to be my suggestion Zogman - I did just that the other day (not on a MWay though)

I could tell it was taking me back on a loop to the same road, so I simply took first available turn off in the "general" direction, and it got me there, avoided the jam, bang on time.

We've actually had some fun with the Garmin, just taking an alternative to the route - seeing parts of my local area I've never been to!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zogman wrote:
MaFt...good idea mate but would'nt just be as easy to get off the motorway for instance and head in the general direction of your destination and let the i3 recalculate you back on route...

yes. i agree, but clearly there are others who don't!

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: