Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problems with Tom Tom 5.12
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Tom Tom 5.12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Problems with Tom Tom 5.12 Reply with quote

There seems to be a large list of problems with Tom Tom Navigator 5.10 for PPC, but there doesn't yet seem to be a list of 'bugs' in the Palm release 5.12.

My problems using an unlocked GSM Treo 650:

loses recent destinations, home address and preferences, but not every time - inconsistant.

does not recalculate the last trip planned or on i.e after phone all accepted

If I receive a call it will now accept the call, restart Tom Tom and then plan a route that I did about a week ago. I had done approx 900 miles of using Tom Tom since I did that route. - anothother example: I was coming home from Leicester, stopped at Oxford services on the M40, came out, started going back home down the M40 & it told me to go north up the M40, back to Leicester! Luckily I don't always rely on Tom Tom!

Arm code not allocated errors. - never had a problem with any of the V4's, but lots of problems with 5 & 5.12 so far.

I've just done a Zero out reset to see if that helps.

Compared to v4.4, 5 & 5.12 seem to add an extra voice direction at junctions, but one that is not helpful - an extra keep left/right, turn left/right etc.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange I'm running 5.12 on an unlocked UK Treo 650 and haven't had the first three problems you've mentioned Confused The problems I do have though are the Hotsynch errors due to duplicate files, the phone being switched on when TTN is started and the contiunual prompt to enable bluetooth if it's off.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TazUk,

Have you tried changing the file attributes of the offending hotsync files so they don't back up? Use Filez or something...works for me Smile
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...oh, and another thing...

Have you tried Bluefang on your Treo? It's a freeware app that automatically switches Bluetooth on/off as you launch/exit specified programs. Don't know if it is Treo compatible (no reason to think it isn't) - you can get it here http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/bluefang.shtml [/url]
MikeProcter
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got back from a 120 mile round trip this evening. Tom Tom was stopped & started several times and was ok every time. Hopefully then the first three 'bugs' have disappeared.

I haven't set any favorites yet - 5.12 was losing those as well. I'll do it later.

I think Tom Tom starts the phone now so that you have access to the various tom tom services which are available over GPRS.

I've never had navigator ask me to turn on bluetooth if I have a wired receiver selected. It will ask if the BT receiver is selected, and you are just planning a route without the receiver being on. Tom Tom has always done that from v4 for Palm. After apprx. 2-3 attempts I found that Tom Tom didn't ask again.

I'd forgotten about the duplicate files when hotsyncing.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
Have you tried changing the file attributes of the offending hotsync files so they don't back up? Use Filez or something...works for me Smile

I haven't yet, but I would prefer TT to fix the bug ;)

MikeProcter wrote:
Tom Tom has always done that from v4 for Palm. After apprx. 2-3 attempts I found that Tom Tom didn't ask again.

That was the case with v5 pre update, it would ask a couple of times and then stop. Since the update it asks repeatedly. When I'm actually going somewhere it's not a problem because BT would be on, when I'm at home doing some advanced planning I have BT off as it drains the battery quite quickly.
TazUk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eillo7 wrote:
Have you tried Bluefang on your Treo? It's a freeware app that automatically switches Bluetooth on/off as you launch/exit specified programs.

Thanks, I'll take a look Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: