Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Goodmans GNAV10 - technical help needed
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodmans GNAV10 - technical help needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Goodmans GNAV10 - technical help needed Reply with quote

I've posted this thread in another forum, but had no reply, so I am trying here.

Can anyone offer some technical assistance regarding a Goodmans GNAV10.
I have emailed Goodmans technical support four times over the last four weeks and had no response. Below is a copy of the mail I have sent to them.

Dear Sir / Madam.
I have a Goodmans GNAV10 Sat Nav Unit. I telephoned your spares department to inquire about purchasing an additional in-car charge for this unit, but was told that one was not available. I have since purchased a 5v, 2amp charger via the internet, but inadvertently (momentarily) connected it to the GNAV10 with the DC polarity reversed. Embarassed The unit will no longer power up from the battery alone, when connected to the external 5V the unit will power up for about 15 seconds (with the welcome screen) and then powers down.
The diode across the 5V input jack is intact, but there appears to be damage to a transistor / component on the circuit board. Please see attached photo.
Could you please offer some advice.
1. Could you tell me the specification of the damaged component in the photo.?
2. Are you able to sell to me a replacement component ?
3. In your opinion is further damage likely to have been inflicted on the unit ?
4. Can you estimate a repair cost if I was to return the unit to you ?

I would be very grateful if there is anyone reading this who is :-
1. willing to open up their GNAV10 unit and give me the spec / details printed on the damaged component. I’m able to email a photo of the circuit board showing the damaged component.
2. able to offer any further advise.

Thanks in advance
Regards
Ron21 Crying or Very sad
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodman's are highly unlikely to know the answers to any of your questions. The unit will have been bought from a Taiwanese manufacturer and rebadged.

I'd suspect further damage in these circumstances. Take it back to the shop and follow the warranty repair procedure. Of course it may be easier if you omitted mention of how the issue arose!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: