Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux GM-210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux GM-210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richlizard
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Holux GM-210 Reply with quote

Hello.

Having got no response from Holux, I have somehow stumbled across your site and I hope you and your other expert members may be able to help me.

I am relatively new to GPS, but found it quite easy to use and had no problems up until when I stopped using it a few months ago due to a job re-direction. I recently needed to use it to find somewhere in London in the middle of rush hour. I have never been to London! It never crossed my mind that the GPS would not work, but that is exactly what happened. As soon as I plugged the receiver into the lighter socket, I expected to see some light action on the receiver, but got nothing. I continued with the setup of my Axim X5 PDA, thinking it might help it kick in, but no luck.

Has anyone come across this problem before? I have since tried different resets on the PDA with no luck. Is there a way of resetting the GPS itself?

I really hope somebody can offer me some advice.

Thanks

Richard
meehog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No advice mate, but I have just had the same problem with my Holux GM-210 receiver. Was working ok a week or so ago, went to use it today, and no light on the receiver, nothing. Drove for 40 minutes or so, and it hadn't responded, so if anybody does have any advice, it would be appreciated by me also. I'm running Tomtom 5 by the way.
meehog
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I found and installed the Gpsviewer program on the holux website, and this also failed to detect my gps receiver. Have you tried that with your receiver richlizard? If you have trouble finding it, I can send it to you, I'm not sure if I can post a link here.
intertoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Meehog & richlizard,

Have you tested to see if the GPS is getting power?

Could be the fuse in the Cigarette Lighter adapter has blown.

Jonathan Bowes
Product Manager
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

YooNoo Ltd

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: