Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSFORLESS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSFORLESS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cross-keys wrote:
I'm not aware of a new rule Where have I gone wrong??

See this thread

It's nothing against you personally, new users are always very welcome here.

However, there are a lot of people making a first post here saying that they had good service from one supplier or another and a suspicion (rightly or wrongly) that the posters are either not bona-fide new members or that the retailers are encouraging people to post here as a form of free advertising or to give the impression that they offer good customer service.

Personally, I don't attach any weight to someone who posts that they ordered something online and it arrived two days later. Big deal. Retailers sell thousands of items per day and 99.9% of the sales go though without a hitch.

What is important is what happens when someone has had a problem and that problem has been put right quickly and fairly by the retailer.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi cross-keys,

Belated Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

cross-keys wrote:
I'm not aware of a new rule.

The announcement of the new rule was made, here on Monday 16th January 2006 at 17:44 GMT. This new requirement has been specifically created for “Retailers to buy from/avoid” forum thread to combat the problem of new user posts praising or complaining about retailers.

cross-keys wrote:
I'm very new to GPS and have been reading the forums for some time. I also don't believe in asking needless questions which have already been answered here many times before. I found out all I needed to know by reading the answers helpfully given to the questions of others before me. Is that not a good approach to have?

Yes that is a good approach to take! Thumbs Up

cross-keys wrote:
Where have I gone wrong??

You haven’t, except that you missed the new rule. We don’t wish to be heavy handed with genuine members – far from it. It’s the members who only ever make one post in the entire forum, which praises or complains about a retailer that we wish to stop.

neil01 wrote:
Is cross-keys post the first to break the new rule?

If it is, it is quite ironic that since he has been a member since November last year, it is more likely to be genuine!

neil01, I think that we all have to look at each "violation" separately. However we (the mods and team) will be keeping an eye out for “delayed” posting by new members who registered some time ago.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
cross-keys
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Privateer wrote:
Hi cross-keys,

Belated Welcome to the forum!

Thanks Privateer!

I've now read the rule - tricky as I've mentioned previously that despite being a GPS newbie, I've not found the need to make loads of 'newbie posts' before. If any forum mod would like a partial screen dump of my online c/card statement to verify that I really did make this purchase then please send me a PM.

Skippy wrote:
Personally, I don't attach any weight to someone who posts that they ordered something online and it arrived two days later. Big deal. Retailers sell thousands of items per day and 99.9% of the sales go though without a hitch.

What is important is what happens when someone has had a problem and that problem has been put right quickly and fairly by the retailer.

I agree with your second paragraph - that is when you really find out about customer service. However I don't necessarily think that this precludes giving praise for a very quick turn-around of kit - and also a very helpful 10-minute telephone conversation where I was able to establish that my item of choice (based on reading these forums) was indeed a good partner to the PDA and software I already owned.

Maybe I'll hit the 'magic 10' posts sooner than planned - possibly even without asking questions that have already been answered many times Wink

Cheers for now,

Simon
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said, I thought it was ironic!

But it is good that you haven't taken offence where none was intended, and that the moderators won't be taking it further. It is also good that the forum has a new member who it appears will be making well considered and thought out comments.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: