Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wireless Connection Nightmare
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wireless Connection Nightmare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Wireless Connection Nightmare Reply with quote

Look, I'm sorry to bring this up again but I am having big problems connectiong the Mio 168 to the internet via WiFi.

I purchased a Spectec SD WiFi card & loaded the software

I purchased a USB Network device so the Mio could connect to the internet via this

The SD WiFi SD card did connect to my PC OK but I just could not connect to the internet or get my mail. I know it's something simple but I just got so fed up phonning Mio & not getting any help I ended up sending the WiFi card back for a refund & also the USB network device.

If anyone who has a Mio 168 using any wifi or blue tooth wireless connection then please could you mail me in the hope that I can get advice setting up the mio, I use XP home sp2.

ghuntfor6@yahoo.co.uk
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be that SP2 was stopping it due to its firewall? Did you try turning it off?

Were you using WEP for encrytion?

Did you add the SD card to the routers MAC address?

Sadly there are mnay things that will prevent wireless cards etc to communicate.

What did you do?
maca2
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not greatt with the PC so I can only tell you what I know.

I purchased a USB device that allows the WiFi card to connect to the pc which it did with a strong signal.

I turned XP firewall off but ran my Zonealarm as normal.

I have my BB conection connected to my pc via cable from my tv setop box into a lan card so I have not brought a router unless that USB thing is one ?.

Cheers
Sequin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you have set up is a point to point connection between your PC and PocketPC. To get internet access you will either need a wireless router between your PC and ADSL connection, or you could set up Intenet Connection Sharing on your PC - this is the cheapest way

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314066

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: