Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin C330 Speed Cam Alert?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin C330 Speed Cam Alert?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kernow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Garmin C330 Speed Cam Alert? Reply with quote

I have downloaded the speed cam .csv file from this site onto my C330 and although they are saved in 'Custom POI', when I go past a camera I am not alerted . Is there any way of the Garmin warning me of the cameras Question
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:17 am    Post subject: Speed Reply with quote

You probably weren't driving faster than the speed set for the alert to go off at for that particular camera.
kernow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Almahadeus

You may be right, but I've heard that the alerts for the cameras are often a bit late, so I'm not sure that I want to test out that idea out by speeding past a camera!
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Speeeeeeeed Reply with quote

Set the alert distance at something like 400 feet and test near a camera that you know the position of. Good luck. you can also intall the camera icons to show on the screen (I saw how to do it in other threads on this forum but not sure where)
Trafficman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Garmin units will only alert you when you exceed the speed limit unless you edit the '@30', or whatever speed from the csv file. I have done this with the redlight files. You can open the csv file by right clicking on it and 'Open with notebook'. I added the icons and altered some of the resolution settings in a picture edit program, as some didn't work. When you've done all this, load into your C320/330 switch off and unplug, then switch back on. It works a treat! I actually prefer only getting speed alerts when I exceed the limit. If your csv file has speed settings (i.e.@30 etc), POI loader will not overide them. You have to edit the csv file manually. The temporary camera file should be altered in POI loader to activate at a suitable distance (say 1969 feet @ 0mph). I have found these settings ideal.
kernow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: SPEED/SAFETY CAMERAS Reply with quote

Thanks both for your comments.

I have set the speed to zero and increased the distance and it appears to altert me now. I'm not sure how to add icons, but I'm happy as it is.

Many thanks.

Kernow

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: