Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDA Mods - Deplorable After Sales Service
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA Mods - Deplorable After Sales Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Expat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: PDA Mods - Deplorable After Sales Service Reply with quote

Would strongly urge others to avoid this company. I ordered a 5 quid USB charger/sync cradle to use to connect my laptop to my Ipaq4155.

The cable arrived promptly - no problems there - but didn't work. Also not really a problem. Here's where it goes wrong:

- I'm moving back to the USA in a week, so I wanted to get it exchanged or returned quickly. I visited their website - no way to call customer service. Only e-mail. They quote 2 hour response time to e-mail. I e-mailed mid day. The NEXT day I got a reply (maybe that's 2 hours on some other planet). The reply was fine, and we had an exchange of a couple of e-mails back and forth, and settled on them sending a different, non-retractable cable that he (Ian) thought might work. This was last week.

- On Monday, I sent an e-mail asking for an update - keep in mind I'm moving house soon. No reply (all day).

- On Tuesday, I sent an e-mail in the morning again. No reply.

- Mid day Tuesday, I called their sales inquiry number hoping they could transfer me to service. The guy was nice enough, but explained this was impossible because he was in INDIA and had NO contact with the company.

- Sent a further e-mail Tuesday after this conversation informing them that the cable was being returned to their UK address, and that I would dispute the charge with my credit card company.

- NO RESPONSE.

I've reviewed other posts in the forum about this company. I can agree that their delivery is fine. God help you if anything goes wrong, though. An absolute disgrace in my opinion. There are a few companies that I've dealt with that have left me praying that they go bust. This is one of them.

The forum notes indicate many suppliers visit these forums - I sincerely HOPE PDA MODS does - it would be so very nice to actually talk to someone there - if they have the guts to offer some explanation of why their service is such crap. My phone number is 077 333 68 993. What's yours???
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip (and from others),

Ordered a GO700 yesterday and although these guys had them in stock went to another company on back order.

Thanks again.........

Chris
PDAMODS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expat,

I am actually the individual that was dealing with your query. We have already sent you a replacement cable and we have answered all your emails, please check your junk mail filter to make sure that they have not been caught by that.

If you have already sent the cable back or no longer require the replacement cable please let us know and we shall refund you for the order.

You may contact me directly on ianw@pdamods.com

Kind regards

Ian
Expat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ian,

Cable not received - no messages in spam filter. I did, however, ask you to copy your reply to a separate address which has no filtering on it, because some of your earlier messages were trapped - no messages recieved there either.

I did however receive a phone call from someone else in your company - so will at least acknowledge that you guys have now made an effort.

Cable has been returned, please refund my money. I'd suggest that you provide a facility for customers to reach you, not India. Nothing against India.
Expat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Update on PDA Mods after sales service Reply with quote

Well - must admit in the end PDA Mods made good and supplied a cable that works now.

My primary objection still remains in that you should be able to speak with, not e-mail, a customer service department.

However, in credit to them, they apologized for the miscommunication and sorted it out in the end - by calling the phone number I listed in my original ranting post.

So they've moved up a bit...
alpha117
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, when I rang the number and after a long wait, sounded like I was connected to a call centre in India 8O

So , I have just e-mailed Ian.
Hopefully he wil sort it.

They sent me a wrong GPS cable
herc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Ian still work at PDA mods?

The reason I ask is my Technical manager ordered a Gps receiver and car kit last week only for the delivery not to happen this week.

He also got routed to a call centre in India where he was told his goods will not be available for three weeks and if you want a refund it will take you up to 9 weeks.

I am sooooo gobsmacked I referred him via the ads on the pocket gps site Embarassed

I hope Ian can fix it for him Wink
paddywhack
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

herc wrote:

The reason I ask is my Technical manager ordered a Gps receiver and car kit last week only for the delivery not to happen this week.

He also got routed to a call centre in India where he was told his goods will not be available for three weeks and if you want a refund it will take you up to 9 weeks.

I am sooooo gobsmacked I referred him via the ads on the pocket gps site Embarassed

I hope Ian can fix it for him Wink

Abandon hope all ye who enter the gates of PDAMODS! Laughing Out Loud
You can search through and find my tale of woe. And the couple of threads I have started letting people know just what a dodgy little company PDAMODS are!
I doubt his real name is Ian by the way. PDAMODS themselves operate about ten different companies out of the same address, so what's in a name eh?
Buyer beware! You have been warned.
Colin58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it very worrying Paddywhack that you seem to be on a one man vendeta against this company. I believe you have made your point and that anyone referring to the forum can read your previous postings and your ratings of them. A new user on the forum would almost think you worked for a competitor attemting to damage PDAMods. I have previously stated that any company can make mistakes and I have found this with pdamods on one of the orders I placed with them. I can honestly say that the problem I had was rectified very quickly and I have had no problems with them. Maybe now is the time to give these guys a chance to prove that they are not as bad as you indicate and give other customers a chance to air there own views.

I intend to make this my last posting on this matter.

Col...
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herc wrote:

Yes he does, he has been dealing with my enquiries for the last few days.

I was looking for a cradle for my Mio 168 and also for the car cradle with amplifier in. The car cradle was cheaper elsewhere and my initial enquiry was to see if they would price match, to which the answer was no. However, they would refund the delivery charge for me making the purchase cheaper than buyng the two items separately.

I orderded the parts yesterday afternoon, the postage was refunded about 2 hours later and the goods arrived today!

No probs so far, although I would have thought the items would have been boxed and included instructions!!

Mark
Iain_F
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across this forum whilst doing a liuttle research on a problem that PDAMods have since solved. Please allow me, in the interests of balance, to detail my experience with them.

I ordered a Tomtom 5 Bluetooth for PDA on Thursday night last week (25th August) and it arrived on the Saturday morning - more than fair.

The content of the package was all as it should have been, but the instructions provided by Tomtom with their kit were frankly hopeless in terms of getting the BT receiver to work with the PDA and the Tomtom software. I work in IT, albeit in management, so I can usually muddle through on these things, but this had me foxed.

After extensive searching through various forums - which is how I found myself here in the first place - I found something close to a cludge and got the kit working, though somewhat less than optimally. After a frustrating evening on Saturday, I fired off an email to PDAMods asking for their advice and sat back expecting to hear nothing before Tuesday at the earliest.

Surprisingly, especially for a Bank Holiday weekend, I got a reply by Sunday lunchtime and moreover, I got a reply that actually worked. Even more surprisingly , a supplementary question was also efficiently answered within 24 hours. That sort of service on a holiday weekend is beyond excellent.

My humble view? PDAMods offers:
- Easy ordering
- Rapid order turnaround
- Prompt response to support issues even at a weekend
- Effective resolution

I can't say personally that they manage this every time, but it looks like pretty fine customer service from where I'm sat. I wouldn't like to comment on 'vendettas' but the acid test says I'll order from them again next time.
camel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add some feedback about PDAmods:

Recently I ordered a SilverShield amplified holder with additional vent mount from them (so that I could swap the holder between 2 cars without undoing the mount)

1st order didn't arrive, lost in post I assume Sad - after a couple of days Ian arranged for a replacement order to be sent which got to me in 2 days Smile

Unfortunately I then found that the vent mount didn't quite fit in my MX5 - so contacted Ian again who arranged for a swap with a suction mount which arrived a couple of days after I sent the vent mount back Smile

All in all good service in my case, they were courteous and prompt in responding throughout and I would quite happily order from them again.

On a side note thumbs up to the amplified mount which can now be heard over road noise/radio/boisterous children (or all these together...)

Camel

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: