Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map requirement for Florida
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map requirement for Florida

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HuwRhys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Map requirement for Florida Reply with quote

Hi Guy n Gals
Need your help if poss. I have TTN5 on my 2210 and all is sweet, however in 5 weeks I'm going to Florida/Kissimee for a well earned break and wanted to take my TomTom with me. I need a Florida map!
I've looked at the TT web site and can see that I can download maps for the Kissimee area in 2 maps @ 9.95 euros each. Will these work as stand alone maps or are they more detailed sections to go with an original USA map? Also I wanted to use it from Sanford airport which is on 3 orlando maps! I didn't really want that big a begging session with the wife so wondered if you could help.
Is there a better way of doing it?
Look forward to your help.
Huw
lif3mouldnn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have just returned from kissimee this weekend. I managed to acquire a florida map for tomtom5.
I had a no. of problems with the gps signal not being acquired, think this is due to the receiver needing to refind the satellites.
Its quite a drive from sandford and dont rely on using sat nav to get you there. However once it was running it worked a dream.
Email me nigel.mould@ntu.ac.uk and I'll give you further info.

Regards Nigel.
dezellis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been back just over a week from Kissimmee and purchased the US version of TT5 including maps. I just installed and registered the maps I already had uk TT5 but could not find USA maps only at the time.
I found TT5 to work extremely well in the USA no problems with GPS signals at all. The only problem from Sanford to Kissimmee was TT5 tried to guide me onto the I4 (Interstate 4) using a ramp that no longer exists. The access to I4 from Sanford now appears to be via a toll road only. The toll road caught us out, it was unmanned during the night and required 50c dropping into a chute, we had no coins at all.
The POI files include all the theme parks and shopping centres I was very pleased I bought the software some of the sign posting is inadequate. One minor problem travelling to Busch gardens TT5 suggested leaving I4 early but then lost it's bearings before re-directing me back to the I4.
Purchasing the city maps would be awkward you would require several. I paid £101.85 for the TT5 USA software from Expansys.

Regards

Dez Ellis
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could consider a free trial of Mapopolis as an alternative, if you're just going for a week or two. When I did this to Florida last year the maps lasted for 9 days on the free trial. Its interface isn't as pretty as TomTom, and the synthesised voice grated on me, but otherwise it's an excellent program with good routing wherever I went - and you can't complain at the price!
wazzzzupmate
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used TT5 in Florida, I have a map, about 40meg, that worked a treat.
It covers Sandford Airport, Disney, Kisimmee area etc. Will not work on version 5.1 but fine on 5.0. As far as I could see the map covers all Florida. pm. me if you want the map.
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wazzzzupmate wrote:
I used TT5 in Florida, I have a map, about 40meg, that worked a treat.
It covers Sandford Airport, Disney, Kisimmee area etc. Will not work on version 5.1 but fine on 5.0. As far as I could see the map covers all Florida. pm. me if you want the map.

Don't think you should be saying that in this Forum it's not legal Sad
HuwRhys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: GPS Reply with quote

Guys
Thanks for your suggestions, I've got a few pointers from you and I'm much obliged. On a techy note..... Would the maps of Kissimee from TomTom worked as stand alone maps?
Huw
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Florida Map Reply with quote

Hi there

I read on the forum that you have the map for Florida and you may be able to send this to me? Embarassed

I'm off to Florida soon and would love the maps.

Hopefully you are able to send them to me at:

dennisvisser@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks

Dennis

Ps. Do you have any extra tomtom voices?? If not, I will happily send the ones that I have to you Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: