Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ipaq 3850+royaltek rgm2000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ipaq 3850+royaltek rgm2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kev4421
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: ipaq 3850+royaltek rgm2000 Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm trying to get ttn5 onto my friends ipaq 3850 with navman CF sleeve,Royaltek RGM2000 cable GPS(no disc, if it ever came with one) I think I have loaded all the software correctly only I keep getting NO GPS device.

I have downloaded winfastnavigator, and have tried all the port/baud settings that are available and I get these results:

NMEA
1) Com1 Baud4800--Slowly get garbled "squares,fractions and% signs.
in the development screen.
2)Com1 Baud9600--Same as above only faster.

No activity in the singal screen.

SIRF
1)Com1 Baud38400--activity in the singal screen 5/6 sats showing, positions being indicated in the navigation screen, no activity in the development screen.

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong or any advice will be much appreciated cos' I am now stumped.

Cheers
intertoto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kev,

Seems like you are selecting the correct settings. When using a cable GPS with TomTom Navigator 5 you will need to select:

Other NMEA Cable GPS--> Serial Cable on COM:1.
Select a Baud rate of 4800

You may need to leave the unit with a clear site of the sky for around 15-30 mins to obtain a fix again, especially if the GPS is new, hasn't been used for a while or has been moved over 100 miles whilst turned off.

Also for TomTom to see the GPS you will need to uninstall Winfastnavigator as this may lock the com port and TomTom will not be able to see it.

Another question: Do you have a Keyboard Driver installed? If so uninstall this too as again it obstructs TomTom from accessing the required port.

Hope this helps

Jonathan Bowes
Product Manager
www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk

YooNoo Ltd
Kev4421
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonathan, Thanks for your response/ideas, and in answer:

1) No there is no keyboard installed.
2) Have removed win fast navigator.
3) Have set the port settings to NMEA Com1 Baud rate 4800.
4) It has been left connected to the reciever for over an hour, still get the message "no gps device".

I don't know if this is relevant but this unit and set up has never been used, it was bought as a present over 18months ago and because she did'nt have a clue as to how to use it, it has just sat in a heap in the corner.

A warm welcome awaits any other thoughts/ideas.

Cheers.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you get sat info when selected to SIRF mode then leave it set to this, it does sometimes take some time for the map data position to come up on screen - how long have you left it for in this mode?, put the screen into map mode (rather than Navigator and see if you present position is displayed (give it a good 30 min in SIRF mode - it shouldn't take that long but try anyway), if the map screen works then so will the rest of it - Mike
Kev4421
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I have tried your suggestion and left it for an hour, still no joy.
I have got a lot of activity, 8 good sats showing on win fast navigator but still "no gps device".

Anything else I can try?

Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: