Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unlocking your iCN510 for FULL WINCE use!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nav-tom-user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UpAllNight wrote:
After using TT5 on my icn510 for the past few weeks(Thanks to this guide!), I can safely say i'm never going back!! I get GPS locks much, much faster (under 2 min even when moving, as opposed to about 2 min when stopped and 10+ minutes when moving while using smartst), there are far better routing options, the voices are louder/clearer, and the software is just more inituitive, more powerful, and easier to use overall. The only shortcoming is that (to the best of my knowlesge) there is no way to log routes.

can u help me please!!

i've read through all the messages posted in here, but still cant find an answer!

Problem: unlocked my navman 520, installed tom tom 5, this process was ok. but when the screen come up when i do a reset where u can choose either to use as tom tom or navman. Due to the small capacity of the original sd card, i bought a 512gb one and stored the tt5 program on that but when i try using it as a tom tom, there is a message on the screnn telling me no gps device. i was told that i need to buy a gps receiver, which i did, and still i get the same message. plus i've put all the navman map onto the new card but when i choose to use it as navman, i get a message saying that no map data!!

please help as i know tt5 is a much better application than the navman!
Merlin42
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Problem with TomTom 5 maps on Navman 510 Reply with quote

Have loaded Great Britain maps on 512MB SD card and it workd fine, but when I load the other maps (France, Germany Spain etc etc) onto SD card they appear in Explorer but when I want to "Change Map" the only one that is listed is the GB maps.

Any help would be thankfully received.

Thanks.
pilottx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Thanks to all who have inputted their info regarding the ICN 5x.
It all helps novices like me to get things done.

I've installed the Wince hack by "Aleksander Jandric" excellent stuff!

The thing I need to do is configure the "Navigatie" in Aleksander's menu to point to my now installed TomTom any one already done this?

Thanks again [/img]
siraero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: problem with iCN520 and tomtom Reply with quote

Hi i have installed the NAVMAN.ZIP and so on and i got my meny on my iCN520 so i can use it like a PDA. Thanks..

BUT my tomtom 5 version is a preinstall version, its on a card and normal when i put it in my PDA it start automatic. but on the iCN520 it will not start.

When i use Fileman from the NAVMAN.ZIP i can find my card and the tomtom files + tomtom install.exe but i cant run it from Fileman so i can install it... whats wrong and how can i install tomtom 5 on my iCN 520 !?
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DunRomin wrote:
It does work however whenever you soft reset the unit it will uninstall itself... that besides:

The confusion does lie in the instruction; it should read;

1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC
3. Get the conection to your Navman unit
4. start program NAVMANICN510.EXE and install
5. copy all unpacked dirs (4) to the Program Files of your Navman
6. copy PocketPC.exe to Windows of your Navman
7. Install prog Registry Workshop onto your PC, start it end go to File-Open pocket pc registry
8. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then INIT and change LAUNCH80 key(double click) to pocketpc.exe
9. unplug your USB from Navman. The unit will restart en voila, you get a menu (his menu).

Hope this helps

Laughing

Was doing fine ( I think!! Rolling Eyes bit of a dullard with this kinda thing) until step 8. I cant see anything called INIT.

Any help would be most welcome.

TIA Smile
FXRStuarty
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FXRStuarty wrote:
DunRomin wrote:
It does work however whenever you soft reset the unit it will uninstall itself... that besides:

The confusion does lie in the instruction; it should read;

1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC
7. Install prog Registry Workshop onto your PC, start it end go to File-Open pocket pc registry
8. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then INIT and change LAUNCH80 key(double click) to pocketpc.exe
9. unplug your USB from Navman. The unit will restart en voila, you get a menu (his menu).

Hope this helps

Laughing

Was doing fine ( I think!! Rolling Eyes bit of a dullard with this kinda thing) until step 8. I cant see anything called INIT.

Any help would be most welcome.

TIA Smile

Grateful for any guidance on this. Smile
Silver2wind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: New much better program and setup! Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've read through the entirety of the gpspassion forum a few times now and have installed the most up to date version of their programs on the icn510. It works beautifully and I can now even switch the orientation to portrait, add a background and have an xp like start menu. I will do my best to outline this all now...

-First things first, undo anything you have done, I hope you remember your steps or a hard reset may clean it up for you.

Next, go to http://gpspassion.ibelgique.com/downloads/ and download the Navman_v2.7.zip, Navman_v2.8.zip as well as Taskbar_V2.1.zip.

Extract the contents of Navman_V2.8.zip and open folder "en" These next steps will simply be a summary of what the readme file says.
-Connect your ICN to the computer and let activesync come on, then explore your icn and go to the following directory for the corresponding unit you have:
510 : \My Flash Disk\Backup\Ficino
520 : \My Flash Disk\Backup\Shackleton
530 : \My Flash Disk\Navman\Lightning
550 : \cf disk\navman\Socrates
Find the file "NavcarCE.exe" in this folder and make a backup of it on your computer. Next, rename the original file still in its original location to "NavcarC1.exe" and copy NavcarCE.exe from Navman_v2.8.zip into this location.

If you have an SD card then create two folders on the SD card, one named "Start" and the other named "startup". The path for those folders would be \storage card\start and \storage card\startup.
(If you do not have an SD card refer to the readme file for instruction)

-In the "start" folder copy taskbar.exe from V2.1 which you downloaded earlier. Taskbar.exe will be found in the folder specifying the language you wish, (EN for english). Now that the file "taskbar.exe" is in the icn510 in folder "start" make a shortcut and rename it Taskbar. Leave it in the same folder as taskbar.exe on the icn.

In the future when you wish to create a shortcut and place it on the start menu create a shortcut to the file and paste it to the folder named "startup". You will have to do a hard reset for the shortcut to show up.

Now open up navman_v2.7.zip that was downloaded and extract the files to your computer. You need the "program files" folder now. Create a folder on the storage card on your ICN labeled Program Files and copy the contents from the "program files" on the zip into it. I would recommend, Fileman, TCPMP(media player), xclk472(overclocking utility). In the folder labeled "Plus!" I prefer calcce, imgvuept.exe, ppaint, and rezmeter.exe. I'd suggest transfering all of them and deleting those you later dont use.

-Now that you've got the program's on your ICN make sure to create shortcuts to them. You can do it manually or by copy and pasting the "start" folder in the v2.7 zip to replace your "start" folder on the storage card. Remember, make shortcuts to the .exe files that launch the program only. Do a hard reset and there you have it.

Now, the "keybd" program that 2.7 uses wasn't the best one. Delete that shortcut and instead install "shkeyboard" from http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/20100TLSE_utils_icn530.zip
Click the shortcut or the exe once to open it, and once again to close it.
There is another file called chorientation in that zip but I did not find any use for it since i have a 510 not a 530.

Congrats! you now have the most up to date mods for the icn510.

I'll make a second post about changing the orientation using a program called nyditot and post some photos on how this looks.
This is all thanks to Pierre over at gpspassion.com, he's the programmer behind it! Thanks to him.
-David
P.S
This is all at your own risk, needless to say
Silver2wind
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, so assuming everything above worked fine lets change the orientation of the ICN510 to portrait when you use it as a pda. This is completely reversible and must be changed to landscape mode when you run the original navman gps software.

Go to http://www.nyditot.com/Downloads.asp and download "Nyditot Virtual Display, Version 5.02" This will install software on your icn that is trial for 7 days and then you must pay for it. However, a hard reset and a reinstallation resets the 7 day count down. You can install it by running the exe from your computer and following the default directions(install to main mem not storage card), although you will need to use your computer each time you want to reinstall. If you would like to have the ability to reinstall this software without the use of a computer then read on...

Without your ICN connected run the exe you downloaded from the link above. Allow the installation to finish and you'll get a message saying it will be isntalled the next time your ICN is connected. Now, go to search on your computer and type in "nvd.502.armsu.cab". Copy and paste this cab file onto your "program files" folder on your ICN's storage card. Normally, if you double click on a ".cab" from within the file manager on your ICN that .cab file will be deleted after the installation. However, our good friend Pierre has written a program that prevents this from happening if you run it once after a hard reset and before you run the cab file. Go to http://gpspassion.ibelgique.com/downloads/ and download "installer.zip". Extract installer.exe from there and copy it to your "program files" folder on the storage card in your ICN. Make a shortcut to this file and place it in your start folder, and do the same with the nvd502.armsu.cab file. Do a hard reset. When your ICN is back on click on start and you should now have these shortcuts in the menu. First click on installer once(you will notice nothing, but dont worry the program ran) then click on the nvd502.arm.cab link. A window may pop up informing you that this is an unsupported system version, click yes and continue. Click ok to the last message about finding the applet. Now you must open up file manager, go to the windows folder and scroll down until you see NVDMenu.exe or NVDSettings.exe. The first is a small pop up menu and the second is a full screen menu. I prefer the small pop up but both work. Create a shortcut to the file you prefer and paste it to the "start" folder on the SD card on your ICN. Again perform a hard reset of the device. Almost done! Now click on the start menu, run the installer first(always do this once after a hard reset or else your .cab will be erased after you install it) then run the .cab file and when that's complete use the shortcut in the start menu to open up the program. Once the shortcuts are made you dont need to make them again after a hard reset, it's a one time deal, you just have to reinstall the program using them. The "right handed" orientation with default resolution works well. Enjoy!

Hope the photos work, if not go to... http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/silver2wind@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/40descd&.src=ph

[img]http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e00051zaa70562a/40descd/__sr_/869cscd.jpg?phw6I9EBJqC6kDAK[/img]

[img]http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e00051zaa70562a/40descd/__sr_/b8cescd.jpg?phw6I9EBwQ6hQxQ2[/img]

[img]http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e00051zaa70562a/40descd/__sr_/f22fscd.jpg?phw6I9EBswcZrpTM[/img]

[img]http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e00051zaa70562a/40descd/__sr_/b9f3scd.jpg?phw6I9EBGsX8i_XK[/img]

[img]http://f3.yahoofs.com/users/41e00051zaa70562a/40descd/__sr_/e048scd.jpg?phw6I9EBRqdqI7ey[/img]
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Silver2wind,
I managed to install the taskbar application on the 530 (I think I used v2.2) by following the instructions (well actually those on gps passion by thumpin00gts if that's you - I don't know).
I had to create my own shortcut to NavcarC1 but I guess this is due to the 530 using the lightning directory.
Great I can now play mp3's on the 530 too!

I didn't have much luck installing the Nyditot driver ; I got confused by the fact that it needs to be installed in main memory only but there isn't room for it.

Also no luck with Tomtom, I get a scren on the 530 asking me to install it but I'm not sure where to install it too; also this dialog is partly off the screen so I can't see the OK buttons etc. I tried to get around this using the keyboard program (press tab then return) but all I end up with is a few cab files on the 530, not sure where to go from there.

Anyhow, the main reason for my post is I discovered using the taskbar (to run Control Panel) it's possible to change the "Default" sound the 530 uses for speed cam POI warnings; setting the default sound to "Startup" is a great improvement and it's even possible to record your own sound (11KHz Mono in sound recorder, name it "Speed.wav" or something similar then copy it to the Windows folder on the 530. Go into Control Panel on the 530 from the taskbar application and assign the default sound to be "Speed.wav". 8)
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: New much better program and setup! Reply with quote

Silver2wind wrote:

-In the "start" folder copy taskbar.exe from V2.1 which you downloaded earlier. Taskbar.exe will be found in the folder specifying the language you wish, (EN for english). Now that the file "taskbar.exe" is in the icn510 in folder "start" make a shortcut and rename it Taskbar. Leave it in the same folder as taskbar.exe on the icn.

In the future when you wish to create a shortcut and place it on the start menu create a shortcut to the file and paste it to the folder named "startup". You will have to do a hard reset for the shortcut to show up.

Hi, I just reloaded my 530 and followed your instructions to re-install Taskbar etc. as I have done once before.
The odd thing is that I couldn't get Taskbar to run until I copied the shortcut to it to the 'startup' folder. Is it me or what but is there a mix up here between the start and the startup folders?
It makes sense that shortcuts that will be in the Start menu will go in the start folder but surely things that need to run on startup (presumably Taskbar) need to go in the startup folder??
Shonk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone managed to get poicapture running on a navman with tomtom?
if so how and what version

cheers
janoon72
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i done all 7 steps but on step 8 ,i can,t find INIT in registry workshop,can anyone point me
Tommy_Belfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same problem , the problem I could not find init file was easy my stupidity really,

In REG WORKSHOP you click file and connect to mobile device it is in there..well was on mine
Tommy_Belfast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried for 4 solid says to install tomtom5 on my navman done the alexander thing got menu etc but alas the instructions I have are not easiest to follow, also navman wont use my 2GB sd card it shows up on activesync etc. but always stores tomtom in machine not card and runs out of memory so i guess only thing left for me to do is bite the bullet and pay the £100 for FLORIDA maps for my navman 520. You think there would be a self extracting program that would install TOMTOM to its proper folders etc. I know its something I am doing wrong and hate to be defeated but its driving me out of my mind. I had it going once but had no voices only maps then only voices and no maps I totally dont know what I am doing tried the PRZ hack but the files were not same on my machine to what tutorial showed so as I say thanks all for your help and messages but seems I am to be stuck with my navman.
onedart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to load the wince into my icn 550 and followed the steps as described in the forum,got a bit confused as the download site only had version 2.9 so downloaded that one but could not find the nvd502 cab file anywhere nor could i fid the keybd program...tried this one -
1. get file NAVMAN.ZIP
2. unpack to your PC
and it seemed to load into the 550 but when i did a hard reset it just came up 'pocketpc could not load properly' please click on quit.
what am i doing wrong?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: