Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poor Mains connection in PNA175
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poor Mains connection in PNA175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Poor Mains connection in PNA175 Reply with quote

Just thought I would say I may have found a slight flaw in the MDPNA175 and its associated cousins..

I began wondering why my PNA175 had problems when I inserted the power or car connector into the external power socket as I had to move it around to get it to work properly and charge the unit up.

On investigation I found that the main board external power connector had not been soldered at all on the back edge, if it had been I would have been able to see it but it was solder free.

A quick but very careful solder job and the connection is now 100% perfect :D

You will be able to see if the external power connector is ok on your unit when you take the back off, if you can move the back of the external power connector on the main board from side to side slightly check the joints, if you dont this will only get worse and probably break the connector off the board with devastating results 8O

I could only really solder one side of the back of the external connector as my iron is too large but I am going to get a smaller one to do the other side just in case.

Heed my advice if you have problems, it is only four screws to open it up Remove any SD card and carefully take the black plate off the back starting from the antenna end unclicking it a you go towards the volume end.

On refitting the back make sure you fit the volume control end in first then slowly click the back on and rescrew it up.

Make sure you have it turned off and do not press on the screen whilst doing anywork on it.

If you want to disconnect the battery that would be a good idea but dont forget to back it up before so you can restore it, I did it with it still in place but I always wanted to play with the devil! Twisted Evil

Please also note DO NOT solder it whilst it is on or you might be crying at the end of it! Crying or Very sad

Be careful anyway and remember you are doing this at your own risk not mine!

Cheers

tel33

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: