Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Looking into the Problem with XDA2i
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Looking into the Problem with XDA2i

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluebottle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: TomTom Looking into the Problem with XDA2i Reply with quote

Below I have copied all the emails sent and recieved regarding this problem with my XDA2i and TT5 Freezing when I try to use GPRS to Downlaod Traffic. See responses and be assured Tomtom seem to be looking into it!

Cheers

Lee
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tomtom,
I have a major problem with my XDA2i and the TT5 Traffic updates. When ever I try to use my GPRS connection on the move to download your Traffic Updates that I have subscribed to, TomTom 5 Freezes. The PDA still works when TT5 freezes, I know this because I can use one of the hardware buttons to exit TT5 and open the Calendar. If I do this TT5 remains running in the background and cannot be stopped until I reset the XDA2i. At all times the GPS Bluelight is lit up as if it is connected.

I have paid for a 1 year subscription for the Traffic Updates and kindly ask you to either fix the problem or refund my traffic subscription money.

The Traffic Updates cannot be downloaded therefore it is very unfair that I have to pay for a service I can not use as intended.

I am pleased to see that you now support the XDA2i and look forward to hearing from you very soon.

http://www.tomtom.com/products/compatibility.php?ID=109&Language=1

By the way, I have installed the latest TT5 5.10 update and the new O2 ROM v1.11.162 update for the XDA2i, it still doesn't work properly. My SD Card is a Corsair 1GB SD1GBA0506H3S37WN and I have tried it using a 512mb SD card. I have even tried the Corporte install on the XDA2i and that doesn't work either.

Tomtom 5 is a very worthy upgrade over the TT3 version and I thankyou for providing a product that is Far better than ever before, I just wish you could sort this Freeze problem out.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Lee

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just thought i'd tell you that when the XDA2i TT5 Freezes if I removed the SD card it imiediatley starts working again! Then what I do is reinsert the SD card, the only probelm is, the Map is on the SD card and by removing it makes it lose the map on screen and cannot be recoverd unless I exit TT5 and Restart again.

It looks like it may be a SD card issue, the problem is I have tried many different SD cards, 512mb, 1gb 60x speed and now ive got a new SD card 1gb Sandisk Ultra III 133x speed and that still freezes.

Any ideas to which will work?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr Donnellan,

We are looking into this issue. Could you please write us the ROM version you have installed on your XDA2i?
We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

With best regards,

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Hi,
In response to your answer to my question please find the Detaisl you have requested below:-

ROM Version: 1.11.00 WWE
ROM Date: 01/27/05
Radio Version 1.00.00
Protocol Version: 1337.39
ExtROM Version: 1.11.162 WWE

I updated to this rom to try and fix the issue as the original ROM from O2 didn't work as far as TT5 is concerned. I could run the TT5 program but was slightly more unstable than it is now.

Thanks
Lee
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've just bought a sd ultra ,i hope to god i havn't thrown good money after bad
but good on you to complain ..i did try but all i got was a stupid replys so i gave up ,it looks like you are getting somewhere ,maybe i should copy your write up and do the same ,just to show you are not the only 1 with this problem

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: