Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Report of the PocketGPSWorld.com visit TeleAtlas in Belgium
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Report of the PocketGPSWorld.com visit TeleAtlas in Belgium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duneclifftcooper wrote:
great report by the way

just one query, as and when updates are done by TA are they free? if not why not? because i live in wales (no jokes please) and hundereds of the street name are spelt wrong, now i bought my ttg300 in good faith that i would be able to get from A to B with no hassle, why should we have to pay for a correction in spelling of a street name, when it should have been spelt correctly in the first place?

Many Thanks

dc

Interestingly how do you define the correct spelling of a road name?

This is not as silly a question as you may think. The local municipality is the arbiter in deciding what the official name of the road is. There are cases where there are two different spellings (or even road names) in use and the actual street sign post is wrong.

In seriousness (for a change) are the roads you are referring to incorrect because the English spelling has been used, the Welsh has been misspelled, or the name is completely incorrect?
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this reply when I asked the Ordnance Survey how I should feed them any errors that I think I've found in their mapping products (as follow on from comments earlier in this thread about OS supplying mapping data to TeleAtlas):
Ordnance Survey wrote:
If you feel that we are showing incorrect detail on our mapping please send your enquiry to the following email address :
customerservices@ordnancesurvey.co.uk
or send it to the following address :
Customer Services
Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton
SO16 4GU
I hope that you find this information useful,
Yours sincerely

Re the TeleAtlas feedback form, I suspect that it's just misleading labels for the two fields. The input boxes are laid out for a small number then a long fraction (comma being a decimal point in most of Europe), so I think that they're actually asking for lat/long values in decimal degrees and not for Cartesian X/Y values as the labels imply.
Adams
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for a very interesting article.
Not many good news for Eastern European citizens about precise maps for navigation in the nearest future. Crying or Very sad

I wonder why TA started (both in TomTom, and in DX) with so small coverage of Poland (18%).
Their local Polish data provider (Imagis company) has absolutely much more data in their bases. Imagis' digital maps of Poland have been successfuly implemented into Garmin's MapSource applications, so they were tested by thousends of users regarding reliability and integrity.

BTW - do you plan to visit NAVTEQ also?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be intersesting to see what the truck specific mapping is like and who takes it up ie tomtom i think navman might have a commercial take up due to the number of navman tracking navigation units supplied as part of telematic and fleet control solutions hopefully its something they will get right from the start

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Shows & Related Technology Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: