Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Recording POI's with Checkpoint 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording POI's with Checkpoint 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Recording POI's with Checkpoint 5 Reply with quote

As a slight aside to the recorded problems of actually getting checkpoint 5 to work with TTN5, I have got the basic program working OK, however like its predecesor, the recording of checkpoints seems to be an issue. For some reason in Checkpoint 3, I found that the standard buttons, ie Calander, contacts etc were reversed!, however in the current issue I cant get of any of the buttons to work. Anybody that has the program working come across the same thing?
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in saying that i tried to record a camera by chessington park today and it didn't work either ,but i hav'nt looked into it yet so i assume it must be a problem as i have mapped the hard button

also i found that when approching a poi my meter reading keeps on disapearing and the voice is garbled any1 else have this as well ???

i've actually gone back to using tomtom poi as i prefer the voices from http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk now and i am used to it as well , i really want it just for recording new camera positions
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy-c1 wrote:
in saying that i tried to record a camera by chessington park today and it didn't work either ,but i hav'nt looked into it yet so i assume it must be a problem as i have mapped the hard button

also i found that when approching a poi my meter reading keeps on disapearing and the voice is garbled any1 else have this as well ???

i've actually gone back to using tomtom poi as i prefer the voices from http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk now and i am used to it as well , i really want it just for recording new camera positions

On my Dell Axim3 I can get only get two of the buttons to bring up the Checkpoint record screen - the other buttons don't appear to map to the record function. Once I had the screen up I could record a position.

I've found that the Checkpoint on screen graphics don't work very well. I have turned off the Checkpoint graphics and have enabled the TT5 POI display. I don't use the TT5s POI warning function. I've now got the camera bitmap images being displayed by TT5 and the audible warnings coming from Checkpoint.

I suspect that the problems you are still seeing are related to those documented in the bug list thread. People have reported that because TT5 hogs all the resources additional programs running on the PDA don't work. In addition another of the bugs relates to the redrawing of the screen with external POI bitmaps. If TT5 has problems with small 16x16 bitmaps think how much trouble it will have with Checkpoint graphics occupying a tenth of the screen.

Garbled voices could be as a result of you enabling the 'link volume to car speed' setting in TT5 which has been a problem for some TT customers.
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed ok thanks for the advice ,,... never thought of what you are doing though i might give it a go

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: