Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Medion support UK
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Medion support UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Medion support UK Reply with quote

I bought a Medion integrated Pocket PC / GPS unit from Aldi just before Christmas.
The unit and extras looked good but worked for only about 30 mins before a screen fault developed meaning I had to send it to Medion UK for repair.
After a couple of weeks I rang to be told they were short of motherboards and I would have to wait. After another couple of weeks I rang again (generally had to wait over 30 mins to get to talk to someone on the phone) to be told I would have to wait another few weeks. Eventually after talking to a very rude girl I demanded a refund. This didn't arrive until I wrote and threatened them with legal action. All in all it took lots of phone calls and over four months to get a refund.
I think generally the product is pretty good for the money (I know other people who have them) but look out for the customer care. They are PANTS!
Evil or Very Mad
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suprise there then on Medion support!

I think it is a case of the luck of the draw who you get to talk to in Medion, some here have had good experiences and others terrible experiences.

I personally I have not had a problem with them but their emails can be very short and to the point with no hint of customer relations to them.

IMO I think these people probably get poor money thus they just cant be bothered, I think we can all be like this sometimes and I dont blame them if this is the fact.
Jez_Gafys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I dont trust medion tech support either, I asked them if my PPC250 supported SDIO Cards and they told me no. I tried one anyways (after reading a german forums where someone said there's had worked) and it worked fine.
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say no more! :-)

I had trouble just getting information on a spare battery for my PNA175, they were not that forthcoming,

I got the information it eventually but I had to email them three times with the same question before they finally gave me a part number, sadly they never have that part number on their site so it was a waste of time really!

If anyone else knows where you can get a spare battery

(Part number: 40008846)

Please let me know! Crying or Very sad

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: