Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - tomtom 5 on medion ppc md95000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

tomtom 5 on medion ppc md95000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robs321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: tomtom 5 on medion ppc md95000 Reply with quote

first hi to all this is my 1st post so forgive me if its in the wrong section etc Wink

i am very new to all this and bought a Medion ppc MDPPC150 MD95000 from aldi, with the medion navigator software installed.To be honest the software is rubbish, it allways takes me the shortest route and ive eneded up driving right through the middle of london where no one really wants to go? Wink
so ive splashed out and bought tomtom 5 for it as they say its compaitble? but ive got it loaded and working but it cant find a working GPS signal, i have no idea what settings to set it for and cannot find any help anywhere,(like i said im a very new newbie) so can any one help me out here before i sling it all in the bin and go and buy a garmin! Wink

many thanks
Rob
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the TT menu, tap the following - Change preferences - Show GPS Status - Configure - Other Cable NMEA GPS - GPS baud rate = 4800 - Done - Serial Cable on SP2:

They wait 30-50 seconds and you should get a lock, may need to get a clear view of the sky.
Robs321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much, youve just saved my PPCs life Wink another quick question, is there anyway of getting rid of the medion navigator software? because ill never use it but cant find anyway of uninstalling it! probably cos i have no idea whatsoever! Wink

many thanks again
Rob
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presuming you still have the Medion 4.2 cd's then you can reload it if needed, but if you really want rid it of your PDA then from the Start menu tap - Settings - System - Remove Programs - I think on that next screen you should see a list of all the loaded programs, look for : MEDION MEDION-Navigator, tap it and then the Remove button will then high-light, if you are sure then just tap the Remove button, but that is final, you can also remove the map from your Storage card, if you connect via ActiveSync to your main PC then use the Explore from the ActiveSync menu then click My Pocket PC - Storage Card - then delete the folder called UnitedKingdom Ireland MRE, you can also delete the following: Medion.ico & MEDION-Navigator.cab.

That's it, but if don't have the Medion cd's you will not be able to reload it, so do this at your own risk, or before doing it, do a FULL Back Up of your PDA via ActiveSync, and also copy the item mentioned above from your storage card to a folder on your main PC.
Robs321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for that, i have all the CDs that came with it so ill junk the medion navigator as its as usefull as a chocolate teapot! tomtom 5 seems so much better, ive set a couple of routes and tried the demo option,. it takes you the right way to them instead of trying to go the shortest like the medion software allways did!
many thanks again, now all i need to do is find out why its not showing any satellites on the bar graph? Rolling Eyes

cheers
Rob
dice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robs321 wrote:
many thanks for that, i have all the CDs that came with it so ill junk the medion navigator as its as usefull as a chocolate teapot! tomtom 5 seems so much better, ive set a couple of routes and tried the demo option,. it takes you the right way to them instead of trying to go the shortest like the medion software allways did!
many thanks again, now all i need to do is find out why its not showing any satellites on the bar graph? Rolling Eyes

cheers
Rob

Rob I have the same pda and dumped medion navigator for TT 5 I have no real problems with it. Is the yellow and black widget on gps properties spinning? That shows it is searching for satallites. pm me if you need to check all the setting Smile
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robs321 wrote:
now all i need to do is find out why its not showing any satellites on the bar graph? Rolling Eyes
cheers
Rob

I have a Medion GPS Firmware update that will solve that problem

Download Here

Follow the ReadMe.txt file that's in the file.
Robs321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a star :D

thanks very much for all your help! :D

cheers
Rob
Jez_Gafys
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant understand why your medion software always took you on the shortest route. I have used the software for a good 18 Months now and it's been very good to me.

I think I have a slightly older version though. It was still an Aldi Bundle but its Model number Is MD41800 MDPPC250 but its still works great for me. And btw DO NOT listen to medion tech support. I asked them if my device supported SDIO and was told no. I tested a Toshiba Bluetooth SDIO card and it work a dream (tried both Card2 and Card3)
Robs321
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried all sorts of settings and it never really found fantatsic routes, also trying to find roads, you had to be very accurate with your spelling?
tomtom 5 is so much better, im glad i got it as i have a bit more faith in in the thing now!

cheers
Robs

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: