Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - icn510 acting very strangely
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

icn510 acting very strangely

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UpAllNight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: icn510 acting very strangely Reply with quote

I bought my navman icn510 last December and until a couple weeks ago, it has been working great. Lately, it takes forever to get a signal, and I have actually had to take it off the mount and stand outside my car for a few minutes until it acquires one. The screen also updates much more slowly than usual, and when I make a turn it often misplaces me onto a nearby parallel street, and takes about 10-15 seconds to find my correct position (this happens even when the signal meter at the bottom shows 3 bars). Even weirder, it has changed the way it routes me to places despite the fact that I haven't changed any routing settings.

Any ideas what could possibly be going on? Do you think an external antenna would help? (stronger signal=more accurate positioning, which I guess would solve most of my problems... the routing issue is very strange though)
UpAllNight
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, before someone asks, I have SP1 installed and do not have a heated windshield
psyclix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UpAllNight

I don't have an answer for you, but I can tell you that I have the same things going on with my 510 too. And, as well as all of the things you describe, it seems to recently become confused as I go around 1-way systems, and gets caught in a 'back-on-track vs. u-turn-on-a-1-way-street' dilemma - so the route indicator (red line) disappears until it's decided what to do.

All of these things are happening since the SP1 upload I applied a couple of months ago - and didn't before. I also do not have a heated windscreen.
srw-uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the same (SP1 installed, no heated/relective windscreen). I find the length of time to get a sat lock the most annoying, can take upto 10 mins.

ICN510 since 30.12.04!
kippersnapper
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Navman Warm up Reply with quote

Dear All,
I have found warming up problems with my icn510 and it ceratinly doesn't produce a gps signal as quick as the specifications state. I have found that by setting a route (anywhere will do) it does speed up the gps signal somewhat. Also it seems to work better on bright sunny days.Now for my problem:- Has anyone encountered probs with the in car charger?. I always mains charge my unit before I leave the house and then obviously plug the unit into the car charger when I start my journeys. I found that the unit runs down after about 4 to 5 hours use and eventually flashes on and off-thus indicating it is about to expire. Its as if the amount of charge being put in by the car charger is insufficient to sustain it indefinitely. I have a colleague who has experienced the same thing. Has anyone else come accross this. All replys gratefully accepted.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: