Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Invisible POIs - help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Invisible POIs - help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greerd2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Invisible POIs - help Reply with quote

Sad Hi,

I have a TomTom Go 300 with V5.201. I have also recently bought a 512Mb card with Speed cameras and major routes of Europe - installed and working fine

I've downloaded some POIs, followed instructions to copy them from PC to SD card - the Great-Britain-Map folder. I can see them on the PC as the TomTom GO (FSmile drive (interestingly XP sees it properly rather than as a removable drive??) but the TT Go, when I go to enable/disable POIs can't see them nor can I navigate to them - in the same folder I can see the .BMP and .OV2 files for the POIs TT Go can see. Where am I going wrong?

thanks
David
greerd2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Invisible POIs - help Reply with quote

greerd2 wrote:
Sad Hi, I've tried this on my original card and all works fine - PC sees the new POI and so does the TomTom - is it the way the new card has been set up or do I need to notify some database of POIs to update itself??

help!!!

I have a TomTom Go 300 with V5.201. I have also recently bought a 512Mb card with Speed cameras and major routes of Europe - installed and working fine

I've downloaded some POIs, followed instructions to copy them from PC to SD card - the Great-Britain-Map folder. I can see them on the PC as the TomTom GO (FSmile drive (interestingly XP sees it properly rather than as a removable drive??) but the TT Go, when I go to enable/disable POIs can't see them nor can I navigate to them - in the same folder I can see the .BMP and .OV2 files for the POIs TT Go can see. Where am I going wrong?

thanks
David
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a limit to how many POI categories that TT can handle. Using V5.201 the limit is 27. Previously it was 40.

Although you can load as many as you like to the SD card, it will only see 27.

When connected to the PC count how many .ov2 files are in the Map Folder.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: