Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MioMap v2 Software upgrade info!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
forest
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers everyone for the info.

am i right in thinking the update will give a graphic of speed limit of the road you are travelling on, or is that a customisation thing?

thanks
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will give that info, in top left hand corner, of roads it has information on and without customisation. It has this option within the menus.
Draig
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loaded mine on - with POI warner and must say the new V2 is much slicker!
Marky_Mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally gutted only just found out about this upgrade and mio webby says it is now not available

any ideas of where to get it for the 269

Cheers
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The web site says the upgrade is available ONLY now through dealers till stocks run out! I can't imagine dealers will have held any stocks of the upgrade disk BUT it might be worth trying: Halfords etc??
philsx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Firmware Won't Upgrade from SD Reply with quote

Hi - new user here.
Just bought a 268 from Halfords in their sale, they provided the upgrade DVD to MioMap v2.0 (I had to ask for it actually). However checking firmware it is an ancient version R0.6 so need to upgrade it first. Problem is that even though I've followed upgrade instructions to the letter it won't upgrade flash - it just hangs after displaying "SD/MMC UPGRADE' message. Tried two different SD cards and no difference!

Anyone else had problems with this, or know how to do the upgrade directly from the DVD as this seems to be an option? Sad
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the SD card you have with your device - format it then put the .bin file from the upgrade disk (ensure you use the 268 file NOT the 269 file since they are both on the disk!!!): follow the instructions on the upgrade disk - first task! Then when successful ( and take care or you wuill end up with an unuseable Mio), fromat the SD card again and transfer the map(s) you want. With, for example, a 1gb SD card, you can get UK/France and |BeneLux onto the one card - BUT to ransfer MORE than one map you MUST use the Mio Transfer program.
philsx
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Firmware Upgrade now fine with different SD Card Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the advice Ray, I tried using the SD that came with the device and like you said it didn't hang and the flash upgrade worked perfectly. New maps are really a big improvement over the originals, so all the effort was worthwhile! I never imagined that the choice of SD card make could be so important. I'm planning to by a 512kb or 1 GB card soon, any suggestions as to which make the device will be happiest with?
Thanks again,
Phil :D
ray2001
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mio recommend Integral 1gb High Speed (x60) SD card - I know that Compufix uses a 2gb Kingmax in his with no reported problems (you could get all of Europe on that). It is a question of "suck it and see" I think.
Marky_Mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a follow up to my post Halfords have the upgrade disks in stock but please make sure they give out the right ones as i handed in full europe to get uk only given to me Sad

in the end i downloaded the full iso file for europe and used a handy program called daemon tool from here http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php
this tool lets you fool the iso into thinking its on a dvd when its on your harddrive by mounting the file

you can then upgrade your mio the v2
hope this helps Wink
Marky_Mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the above is for the 269 forgot to mention it
Marky_Mark
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mind is going
i got the download from www.torrentmatrix.com you need to register
just search for mio and it finds it takes a while to download but its worth it if you cant get your hands on a disk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: