Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - How to make non Tom Tom gps receiver work ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

How to make non Tom Tom gps receiver work ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iang27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: How to make non Tom Tom gps receiver work ? Reply with quote

I have been given a Nokia 7710 from a relative in Italy where TOM TOM 5 was supplied with the phone as a package, but my relative kept the original tom tom gps receiver for his new phone and i presumed that my non tom tom gps receiver would work but after two weeks of trying i still cannot get the phone to find my receiver.

A friend has Tom Tom 5 on his nokia 6600 and in his gps menu he has the option of 'Tom Tom Wireless GPS' reciever or 'other gps reciver' but on my phone the only choice is the Tom Tom receiver.

I have tried renaming my receiver as the tom tom one but still no luck.

Does anyone know how i can get the receiver to work without having to buy a genuine tom tom reciver or is there a file i could add or alter ?

Thank you
iang27
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the hassle trying to get 'another' gps receiver to work with my 7710 I have given up and bought a new Tom Tom receiver, turned it on, fix in about 10 seconds, 6 satellite indoors, 10 outdoors, Tom Tom worked immediately.
Anyone trying to get 'other' receiver to work give it up and buy a proper Tom Tom receiver, I got it for about £99 from Handtec ( link on site )who price matched global positioning systems.
My Tom Tom program is the genuine version and the only reason I did not have the genuine tom tom receiver in the first place was because my relative kept the receiver for his new phone when I got the 7710 from him and after reading the reviews that stated that any gps receiver could be used with tom tom 5 I went ahead and bought a BT77 type receiver which works great with my friends 6600 but not with the 7710!!!!
Luckily the guy I got the other receiver from has offered to give me my money back as it has not been used.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Advanced GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: