Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cant remove Checkpoint 5.1 from TTN5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant remove Checkpoint 5.1 from TTN5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Cant remove Checkpoint 5.1 from TTN5 Reply with quote

Checkpoint has caused so many problems Im trying to remove it. But im left with a folder in "Programs" called Checkpoint, which I cannot get rid of, it tells me its write protected so if I copy to pc and untick "read only" it reverts back and reticks itself. Any ideas how I can get rid of it.
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could try and cut and paste to your sd card then delete it from there Confused
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried cut and paste but the original is still there.
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm.......not sure then!!!
I had cp on my pda but it kept crashing tt so I uninstalled it, then when I did a resync it placed the cp folder back on my device but I was able to delete it without problem.
Did you do a backup of your system before installing cp if so try a restore to that point Sad
PAQMAN
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I dont have a backup, never thought I need one with this, but Im sure I will in future. You might have seen my other post I m wondering If I should do a hard reset? I used to run TTN3 no problem at all with checkpoint. Should have left well alone.
markyhedgehog73
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad just one more thought!
have you tried installing cp again to see if it changes the properties of the folder to a state that will allow you to delete it before uninstalling...could be worth a try!
Dont lose hope with tt5 though I have set up now without any glitches runs like a dream on my device.
BaronVonMarlon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had EXACTLY the same problems with CheckPOInt 5 running TTN5. Apart from the fact that you cannot even select you 'Safety' camera overlay, it crashes TTN5 when you hit 'navigate', then you have to reset your PDA to get TTN5 running again. FORGET checkpoint 5 - it was okay on TTN3 but stinks on TTN5.

As for uninstalling it, forget it. I tried everything and got the same error message you are getting. That is one of the pitfalls of 'Shareware' I am afraid ?!

To answer your question, I had to hard reset my HP rx3715 and restore from a backup, which I had done only days before.

Besides, you can tell TTN5 to warn you when you are near POI's anyway. I just loaded all the OV2 and BMP files onto my MAP directory and 'checked' to display them in the POI Manager. Then, copied the single file OV2 and BMP to my map directory and told TTN5 to warn me on that POI set only (otherwise you get about three sounds for each location).

Sorry I could not be of more help - this is more of a warning to anyone thinking of installing (and ruining) TTN5.
DareDevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had had similar problems: in my case, I couldn't unstall completely because there was a dll left in the checkpoint folder and it was not possible to delete it.

What i did was to change the name of that dll (any change will do), soft-reset and then unstall checkpoint. Everything is gone now.

Hope this will help,

DareDevil
BaronVonMarlon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one DareDevil !

Has anyone actually got CheckPOInt V5 working with TTN5 ?

Surely its not needed now you can set TTN5 to warn you when you are near POI's anyway?

Just a thought......

Peace ;-)
DareDevil
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronVonMarlon wrote:

Has anyone actually got CheckPOInt V5 working with TTN5 ?

I failed miserably with TTN5 5.0 and I am not even going to try with 5.1 unless the un-installer is fixed.

Besides, TTN5 is such a CPU-hog that I doubt Checkpoint would work properly anyway.

DareDevil
lamplight
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaronVonMarlon wrote:
Surely its not needed now you can set TTN5 to warn you when you are near POI's anyway?

Tempted to agree with you Baron ... except there was a great facility in CheckPOInt to record poi's easily en route. This meant that I could easily record and set up warnings for permanaent/temp safety cams that weren't already in my POI database.
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DareDevil wrote:
I had had similar problems: in my case, I couldn't unstall completely because there was a dll left in the checkpoint folder and it was not possible to delete it.

What i did was to change the name of that dll (any change will do), soft-reset and then unstall checkpoint. Everything is gone now.

Hope this will help,

DareDevil

The dll is being used to put Checkpoint on your PDAs Today screen.
Just go into the PDAs configuration for the Today Screen and remove Checkpoint. You can then delete the dll.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: